My Original Xbox Modding Story, 10 years in the making

Talk about Xbox Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

doitall
shadow

My Original Xbox Modding Story, 10 years in the making

Post#1 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:52 am

I was a part of the xbox modding scene about 10 years ago, only taking a break after my primary system died. I only got back into modding the system this month and DANG, the scene has come such a long way! Map downloaders, a sleek new interface with XBMC4Gamers, the entirety of the experience has been made so much more user friend. Heck, I can order a USB to Xbox adapter now instead of building one myself, it feels like the future man! As a lover of all modded game systems, I have to recommend that EVERYONE buy and mod an xbox. Plus... it might give me some more folks to game online with :D

If you own a modded original xbox, what are you favorite (preferably obscure) uses for the system? My favorites are the usuals: backups and emulation.

NightBreeze
fire

Re: My Original Xbox Modding Story, 10 years in the making

Post#3 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:50 am

Are you telling me I need to buy another original Xbox?! I mean I only have 5, I definitely could use one more, if you insist :lol: .

I mostly love tinkering with the system, it's what got me into soldering and was basically my gateway into Linux, loved running GentooX on the thing. In recent years I've been trying to actually play some games, currently playing through Fable. Also have an XboxHDMI (or I guess it's called XboxHD+ these days) some extra RAM and an OGX360 (components) I need to get around to installing, haha.

I'm also building a command line FTP client (with BOOST support), but I've gotten sidetracked. It's for uploading to and downloading from the Xbox with optimal speed (and also for controlling the Xbox if the FTP server supports it).

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon May 17, 2021 10:32 am

Funny to think fable was a dreamcast game that was moved to xbox

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:29 pm

coinops ninja on my xbox with 2tb hdd not filled up yet but I'm working on it. using hdmi cable from pound. haven't tried xbmc4gamers.

modding my wii also at the moment

NightBreeze
fire

Post#6 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:15 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Funny to think fable was a dreamcast game that was moved to xbox

Oh yeah, it would have been truly interesting to see how that one would've turned out. I can't imagine reproducing the same gameplay/experience on the DC as Fable on Xbox has.

willis
letterbomb

Post#7 » Mon May 24, 2021 11:01 pm

I recently modded my xbox as well and have been having fun with that.

What are the best sites to visit for the most up to date games and programs for the original xbox? Anyone got any places to get all the goods?

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#8 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:16 am

NightBreeze wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Funny to think fable was a dreamcast game that was moved to xbox

Oh yeah, it would have been truly interesting to see how that one would've turned out. I can't imagine reproducing the same gameplay/experience on the DC as Fable on Xbox has.

I agree, the Xbox was a powerhouse. Still it would be fun to know what it would look like on Dreamcast. I'm pretty sure it would play great on DC as well.

willis
letterbomb

Post#9 » Sat May 29, 2021 12:02 am

Can anyone point me in the direction of good active sites for xbox? Is there a good place for the xbox like dreacmast-talk is for the dreamcast?

turntablism
rebel

Post#10 » Sat May 29, 2021 2:40 am

ogxbox.com
emuxtras.net