Sorry Claeris, this IS actually real but it requires some effort as it's region locked to America for some epically stupid reason.
*** Before doing this, ensure you are signed up for Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass, as it won't let you buy either option when you're "in America".
- Turn on your Xbox and press the Xbox Button on the controller
- Tap RB to get to System and go down to Settings
- In Settings go to System and select Language & Location
- Go to Location and set it to United States
- Go right to Restart Now and select it.
YOUR CONSOLE WILL REBOOT AND THINK IT'S IN AMERICA
- Go to the Xbox Insiders Program App and select one of the PSO 2 notifications that has suddenly become available (It should load a download page not a Microsoft Edge web browser, if it opens a browser it's the wrong one).
- Press Install and let it download what it can (It will let you boot up at about 10%)
- Stay American and boot up the game
At the moment it only lets me into menus, all ships state "Congestion: Maintenance in progress". This is either because it hasn't begun yet or they didn't realise how popular this series is (they've been dumb enough to avoid releasing it, so that wouldn't surprise me). Can someone in America (for real) verify it's not just my copy? My installation is at 19% so that could be part of it?
EDIT: Okay so it starts at 5pm PST, and it's currently 11:30. That's a right pain cos it's currently 19:30 in the UK, which means it starts at 1am GMT. That's gonna be a painful night x_x haha
My gamertag is Roareye