PSO2 Closed BETA THIS WEEKEND!!

Talk about Xbox Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Claeris
lithium

PSO2 Closed BETA THIS WEEKEND!!

Post#1 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:14 pm

I imagine that most people got into the Dreamcast online scene just to play PSO, and now PSO2 is FINALLY officially coming west! Downside is it's a timed exclusive on Xbox One.

The beta test is for xbone players only, this weekend. Friday and Saturday, the 7th and 8th. Beta testers can get exclusive items and stuff to carry over to the full game when it launches.

To sign up, you need to go to the xbox app store thing and download the xbox insiders program app, and then look for the news article thing to sign up for the pso2 beta. The game itself is currently ready to be downloaded at any time so you'll be ready for launch on Friday.

So, I guess my question to you all is, will you be there? I work but I'll be trying to get as much time in as I can. My gamertag is ClaireD3Lune (I don't play xbox much lol) and my character name will likely be the same I use for ffxiv and PSO1, Rinh.

Who here is gonna be there with me? Sound off with your gamertags or whatever!

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: PSO2 Closed BETA THIS WEEKEND!!

Post#2 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:32 pm

Okay so the Xbox BETA available is only the Minecraft one, and the only Phantasy Star title on the store search is Phantasy Star II. I think you've gotten confused. Phantasy Star II is a retro Mega Drive title, not PSO II.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#3 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:28 pm

Sorry Claeris, this IS actually real but it requires some effort as it's region locked to America for some epically stupid reason.

Non-US peeps;
*** Before doing this, ensure you are signed up for Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass, as it won't let you buy either option when you're "in America".
- Turn on your Xbox and press the Xbox Button on the controller
- Tap RB to get to System and go down to Settings
- In Settings go to System and select Language & Location
- Go to Location and set it to United States
- Go right to Restart Now and select it.
YOUR CONSOLE WILL REBOOT AND THINK IT'S IN AMERICA
- Go to the Xbox Insiders Program App and select one of the PSO 2 notifications that has suddenly become available (It should load a download page not a Microsoft Edge web browser, if it opens a browser it's the wrong one).
- Press Install and let it download what it can (It will let you boot up at about 10%)
- Stay American and boot up the game

At the moment it only lets me into menus, all ships state "Congestion: Maintenance in progress". This is either because it hasn't begun yet or they didn't realise how popular this series is (they've been dumb enough to avoid releasing it, so that wouldn't surprise me). Can someone in America (for real) verify it's not just my copy? My installation is at 19% so that could be part of it?

EDIT: Okay so it starts at 5pm PST, and it's currently 11:30. That's a right pain cos it's currently 19:30 in the UK, which means it starts at 1am GMT. That's gonna be a painful night x_x haha

My gamertag is Roareye

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:46 pm

I'll be playing once I get off work today. Looking forward to it. I used to play on the JP servers YEARS ago, but I got sick of constantly having to reapply the English patch whenever there was an update. That and I just don't like gaming on PC.

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:58 am

Me and one of my friends from work are going to try to play tomorrow

tenchi ryu
dark night

Post#6 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:16 pm

Was really fun, got me hyped for the full release