Xbox Live Original Resurrection: Insignia

Talk about Xbox Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Xbox Live Original Resurrection: Insignia

Post#11 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:32 am

BlueCrab wrote:And, in case people weren't aware... With PSO on Insignia, you'll be able to play either on Sylverant or Schtserv -- both already have supported PSO for Xbox (at least to a good degree) for a while now. :)

I'm guessing it's safe to assume it will not be cross-play with Dreamcast?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#12 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:16 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:And, in case people weren't aware... With PSO on Insignia, you'll be able to play either on Sylverant or Schtserv -- both already have supported PSO for Xbox (at least to a good degree) for a while now. :)

I'm guessing it's safe to assume it will not be cross-play with Dreamcast?
It will be no more cross-playable than Gamecube is currently.

Basically PSOX and PSOGC are pretty much the same game, after all.

Xiden
Developer

Post#13 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:37 am

So cross play soccer mode on PSO :D

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#14 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:37 am

DCGX wrote:Damn. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my original Xbox wireless adapter. I assume that will work with this? I have no way of having a wired connection where my gaming setup is.

Although that xbox wireless adapter is awesome looking, it's not compatible with modern wireless security (it uses WEP encryption)
However all you need is a wireless bridge if you want your xbox (or any ethernet device) to be wireless. Buy a cheap router and put it into bridge mode and it will work the same as that xbox adapter. You can also get something quite old and install DDWRT (which is what I did back in the day) to achieve this. I think a raspberry pi can also be converted into an adapter.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#15 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:40 am

BlueCrab wrote:Insignia has stated that they will not be hosting any DLC, as they cannot legally do so (and they're trying not to get C&Ded from MSFT).

Of course, you can use whatever DLC you already have on your console just fine still.

Although PSO DLC will be supported correct? Since those are handled by the PSO server itself and not Insigna. IIRC PSOX only ever got Central Dome Fire Swirl as DLC, never even seeing East or West Tower on the official servers.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#16 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:03 am

Well poop.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#17 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:45 am

Nico0020 wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:Insignia has stated that they will not be hosting any DLC, as they cannot legally do so (and they're trying not to get C&Ded from MSFT).

Of course, you can use whatever DLC you already have on your console just fine still.

Although PSO DLC will be supported correct? Since those are handled by the PSO server itself and not Insigna. IIRC PSOX only ever got Central Dome Fire Swirl as DLC, never even seeing East or West Tower on the official servers.
Correct. That is handled by Sylverant or Schtserv.

Impulse
Admin

Post#18 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:39 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:I believe original hardware is required. Modern Vintage Gamer did a video on this recently and specifically stated that emulators would not work.

Johne wrote:According to Borman and Insignia with the XEMU emulator will be possible to play when a XBOX SERIAL NUMBER, a XBOX ONLINE KEY and a XBOX HDD KEY could be generated. Would be great that more people can play through emulators.

Yeah I didn't know the particulars about that, but they've been advertising emulator support recently. Doesn't sound easy though.

I was hoping it would boot up and take you straight to Sylverant :mrgreen: . Definitely fair to give people a choice though. How would choosing the server connection be handled? A patcher disc or manually patching the files on a modified xbox? I figured the live system would automatically take you to a server.
-Impulse

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#19 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:40 pm

Impulse wrote:I was hoping it would boot up and take you straight to Sylverant :mrgreen: . Definitely fair to give people a choice though. How would choosing the server connection be handled? A patcher disc or manually patching the files on a modified xbox? I figured the live system would automatically take you to a server.
The first time you connect, it will ask you which server you want to connect to. After that, it will auto-connect you to to that server from then on. I believe they were going to have something on the website to switch after that first connection if you wanted to (but I don't know if that was completed or not yet).

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#20 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:46 pm

DCGX wrote:Damn. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my original Xbox wireless adapter. I assume that will work with this? I have no way of having a wired connection where my gaming setup is.

I wonder what this means for DLC; if these servers can host the original DLC and you'd be able to download them in-game like originally.

hello i would highly suggest not using that original xbox wireless bridge...the old security on it can cause issues ..i think it was wep or whatever...just get a modern wireless bridge....i have a "cudy" wireless bridge that i currently have the og xbox and ps2 plugged into and it works great