BEWARE OF USED XBOX 360's

Talk about Xbox Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

BEWARE OF USED XBOX 360's

Post by Bob Dobbs »

In case someone cares and missed out on this, buyer beware! Just after Halloween, the scariest thing has happened since the red rings of death!

Microsoft's newest spyware game, "Call Of Duty - Modern Warfare 2", puts a call into Microsoft and relieves your Xbox 360 from online duty...permanently! It's looking for a modded Xbox that can pirate software by circumventing the DRM protections (digital rights management). So, if you have a legit copy, you still may get banned due to your Xbox being modded. If you purchase a "banned" Xbox from ebay, you will find your machine may be banned...for life!

Microsoft's official statement: Its "commitment to combat piracy and support safer and more secure game play for the more than 20 million members of the Xbox Live community remains a top priority. All consumers should know that piracy is illegal and modifying their Xbox 360 console violates the Xbox Live terms of use, will void their warranty and result in a ban from Xbox Live. We can assure you that if an Xbox Live member follows the Xbox Live terms of use, purchased a retail copy of Modern Warfare 2 and played the game on an unmodified Xbox 360, no action will be taken."

ADVISE...
Buy new or not at all!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

K_I_R_E_E_K

Re: BEWARE OF USED XBOX 360's

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Some ppl and some laywers in texas decided to go against that.
Who will win?

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

Microsoft...no matter what the verdict.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

ArChoN
WarLord
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online

Post by ArChoN »

I modded my 360, played the game, nothing happened lol. I played if for a while too, but then again I didnt do anything except replace the original fan, added 2 more fans, and changed the front module for the ring leds.

This might explain a problem they had about a month ago. Someone hacked or modded their servers to allow all the players no matter what game type, to have unlimited ammo on everything you could shoot. Must say it was a blast. :lol:

TheCoolinator
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None, was thinking of Speed Devils Online but Sega pulled the plug before I had the Chance.

Post by TheCoolinator »

Yet another reason to never buy a Microsoft console. :lol:

RROD.....and now this.....when will it end? and when will consumers start looking into the products they buy? :?
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Post by Dr. Pariolo »

TheCoolinator wrote:Yet another reason to never buy a Microsoft console. :lol:
I think its a present generation thing and not trademark. This generation you have the same thing with Sony. But instead of Red, Yellow.

http://www.google.be/search?q=ylod&ie=u ... =firefox-a

I rest my case.

That, and i have myself experienced it, the blue ray disk player dies pretty quick. Mine died 4 days after i purchased it. Yeah, a brand new one. Hopefully they replaced it with out any troubles at the shop. So in this case it was clearly a bad piece from the factory, yet, its a weak spot. The player dies pretty quick.

They just dont make consoles as good as they used to be.. All people i know who still have a SNES, still work. I dont think ill be able to say the same thing in 20 years about my current (cause ill probably have more replacements..) of my 360 and ps3.

And im at my 2nd dreamcast. Dont have the first one because i sold it. Otherwise i would maybe still have it.

Jaseman
Prince of Persia
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None yet!

Post by Jaseman »

I want a XBOX... Still... ... Anyway, my second Dreamcast (my backup) has a dead clock battery. So even good consoles go bad :|
If I were to get an xbox, I would get 2. One for XBOXLIVE and one for backups, mods, and homebrew.

Dr. Pariolo

Post by Dr. Pariolo »

Jaseman wrote: If I were to get an xbox, I would get 2. One for XBOXLIVE and one for backups, mods, and homebrew.
Lol, indeed. Thats the setup of many people. Live is great, worth getting not banned :P

TheCoolinator
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None, was thinking of Speed Devils Online but Sega pulled the plug before I had the Chance.

Post by TheCoolinator »

Dr. Pariolo wrote:
TheCoolinator wrote:Yet another reason to never buy a Microsoft console. :lol:
I think its a present generation thing and not trademark. This generation you have the same thing with Sony. But instead of Red, Yellow.

http://www.google.be/search?q=ylod&ie=u ... =firefox-a

I rest my case.

That, and i have myself experienced it, the blue ray disk player dies pretty quick. Mine died 4 days after i purchased it. Yeah, a brand new one. Hopefully they replaced it with out any troubles at the shop. So in this case it was clearly a bad piece from the factory, yet, its a weak spot. The player dies pretty quick.

They just dont make consoles as good as they used to be.. All people i know who still have a SNES, still work. I dont think ill be able to say the same thing in 20 years about my current (cause ill probably have more replacements..) of my 360 and ps3.

And im at my 2nd dreamcast. Dont have the first one because i sold it. Otherwise i would maybe still have it.
I think all you've proved is that Sony and Microsoft make crap consoles. :lol:

My first PS2 died. I don't remember if it was the Yellow Light of Death but something went wrong. At least Sony remedied the problem with the PS2slim. Microsoft said it changed a few components in its console but that just "lessened" the fail rate instead of dropping it significantly.

In contrast Nintendo, Sega, NeoGeo, and Atari have all made rock solid consoles that still work even to this day. Yet another reason why Sony and Microsoft shouldn't be making consoles.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Dr. Pariolo

Post by Dr. Pariolo »

TheCoolinator wrote:
I think all you've proved is that Sony and Microsoft make crap consoles. :lol:
That was actually my point. I can not argue about the nintendo wii. Matter of fact, i owned one, but re-selled it before it had time to break, it was a boring console to me.

On the other hand, previous consoles i had are the sega mega drive, and the DC. I already mentioned my dc, but my gold old mega drive is still working nowadays.

Its like nowadays companies make system like movies, all shitty and poor. They just assemble the most powerful(but cheap) components and there, its done. (The same way movie directors mixes eye candy special effects and hot actresses, background storyline is an extra) After that they sell it and become richer every time people send them back for replacements (when warranty time is over). (Sony charges 100-150$ for a refurbished console... wtf... You get a used console, lost your saved games, and you pay quite a lot)

That, and games. Since consoles are internet ready AND hard disk compatible (thats why i dont include the DC in here), games arent finished when they are out.

I swear, up to now, every game i bought on the release date, in within A WEEK, a patch is available (and forced to download) for the game. Every single game.

Instead, a decade ago, when a game was about to hit the stores at shops, devs made sure it was perfect. They rather delay the date than releasing it with bugs. Today they dont care about that, they can make patches.

They just dont make stuff as good as in the old times.