Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, anyone play?

Talk about Xbox Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, anyone play?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:57 am

hey guys, I've got this game, had it for a while and must say its pretty good so far, does anyone like/play games such as Record Of Lodoss War, Diablo or Baldurs Gate? If so you'll love this game. I warn you now though, it is GIGANTIC, seriously I've already completed 100+ missions and i'm only about 20% through it! Granted most of those are minor side quests but hey, its an amazing game.

The size of it is just ridiculous, you can choose from light or dark campaigns and choose between 6 different character types. I'm using a level 20 Seraphim at the moment. I'm kinda struggling to understand it though at the moment, I haven't reached that point where I'm used to how the game works and I'm used to the menus and am just generally comfortable playing it. I always turn it on and end up just running around killing random stuff and generally getting nothing done lol.

Anyone play this and have tips on how to keep track and how to workout the quest log? It still baffles me lol.

This game is also online so if you wanna play let me know

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/sacr ... Btitle%3B1
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

drunkn ghost
fire

Re: Sacred 2 Fallen Angel, anyone play?

Post#2 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:32 pm

I have always liked this game a lot and can't believe how many people overlook it. It's my favorite hack n slash since Champions of Norath. I haven't played it in months but I actually think about picking it back up all the time. I am playing on PS3 though.

Isn't the quest log pretty much like any other game? I thought you can keep accepting new quests and it just adds them to your list and once you select a specific quest it puts a marker on your map.

I would always get mad when I would do a quest then pick the next one and it would be right back in the area I just went to. I would keep checking all my open quests to see if there were multiples in a close area and just keep switching quests so I could clear out a whole area at once.

I can remember being completely overwhelmed when I first started playing but eventually everything starts to make sense. That might have been around the 50 hour mark. :lol:

My favorite quest so far has been the one that involves helping a group of musicians.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:00 am

lol, wow I posted this one a while ago! I think I ended up getting the hang of the quest log eventually but I haven't been back on it in a while to be fair, too much to do and not enough time

Dark Chi Warrior
rebel

Post#4 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 am

I have it and it is a good game but also rather buggy. Good thing I got it on the cheap. I've played it online just enough to get the achievements that required online play. With Ascaron in the US gone and Deep Silver (German owned company) owning all rights to Sacred we did not get the Ice & Blood expansion on any platform nor are we getting anymore patches. There are broken skills (like Blacksmithing) and some Combat Arts that don't work. When it comes to Sacred 2 US gamers got the shaft.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:40 am

I think its pretty buggy in the UK too, I loved it but it drove me nuts, quests would disappear and re-appear, or at least I thought they did lol, and sometimes it would just have little random bugs but nothing major

Dark Chi Warrior
rebel

Post#6 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:54 pm

The biggest "bug" I've ran into so far is that I have a quest in my quest log that is just called Quest with no description. I can't make it go away no matter what I do, I think it's in Chapter 2. I have not really played the game much in the last year or so even though I have yet to finish it. I need to finish it one of these days. :lol:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:32 am

I'm in the same sitch, I haven't touched it in ages but really want to finish it, it just takes sooo long and the slightly birds eye camera angle messes with my brain lol

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#8 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:29 pm

this game is totally amazing. i do love it but hot damn almost 50% of the game is spent in menus, especially in coop when opening a menu pauses it for the other person too.