Sega hints at Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia XBLA ports

Talk about Xbox Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Scandinavian
Graffiti Grind

Sega hints at Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia XBLA ports

Post#1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:11 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLHOjeZ8hO8[/youtube]
New hope for Dreamcast classics has reignited today with a GDC interview with Sega’s Associate Brand Manager Ben Harborne. At the end of the interview, after discussing new details about the “Jet Set Radio HD” release, Harborne continues on to express his understanding that fans want more Dreamcast re-releases, and most notably drops the magical words Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia.

“I can’t say yes or no, but we may be be working on them!”, said Harborne with a smile.

Ben Harborne has just become Sega fans’ new best friend. Within minutes of this video getting out, fans on Twitter and Facebook have exploded with wild speculation and hope.

While many may dismiss this as just off-the-cuff, throwaway comments (which they technically are right now), one must remember Ben Harborne is Brand Manager for Sega, meaning it’s his job to know what to say and how to say it. There have been many rumors and mumblings of a Shenmue HD release for years, but this marks the first time something notable has been said by a representative from Sega themselves.

While one might say “take this with a grain of salt”, I’d say take this with a bit more than that. Sega has made it clear they know what fans want. People are rabid forShenmue and Skies of Arcadia alike, and the fact they’re releasing Jet Set Radio in HD shows Sega is serious making moves in this direction.

As for any of your wishing for a Shenmue III, there’s an interesting movement happening on Facebook, along with a Twitter campaign directed at Sega, asking the publisher to return the Shenmue license to Yu Suzuki.

[via Gamereactor]

copyright:
http://videogamewriters.com/shenmue-and ... ive-41435/
PSO Dreamcast: Felix (FOnewearl Lv 115)

Dreamcast Pal (bought brand new last year), BBA, VGA adapter with HDMI converter (720p), Sd card with 32 gb memory and retail PHANTASY STAR ONLINE V2
-Does it get any better for a Dreamcaster:D?

pressure
Anarki

Re: Sega hints at Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia XBLA ports

Post#2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:13 pm

These are some great news! HD Skies of Arcadia will be amazing!!!! :D

Scandinavian
Graffiti Grind

Post#3 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:33 pm

We need Shenmue first!
The Dreamcast collection was a big disapointment!
A dreamcast collection should connsist of these titles:
Shenmue 1
Shenmue 2
Skies Of Arcadia
Power Stone
Soul Calibur (even though its allready portet)

A good overburned dvd disc:)

Dreamcast Pal (bought brand new last year), BBA, VGA adapter with HDMI converter (720p), Sd card with 32 gb memory and retail PHANTASY STAR ONLINE V2

pressure
Anarki

Post#4 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:39 pm

So true! I believed that Shenmue was more hyped that Skies of Arcadia (as it should) so the possibilities of a remake would be much more. I want Grandia 2 in the list!!! :P

Scandinavian
Graffiti Grind

Post#5 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:50 pm

I did not that there was a big hype for SOA? I rarely hear people mentioning SOA2 forinstance:)
Ive had SOA for 10 years and only played it 15 minutes:p...

The disc is already overburned, you must wait for the next volume:p

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 am

speaking of Dreamcast Collection vol 1, check out the thread I started in the lounge, its on a special 1 day offer on play.com at £3.99!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4483

personally I don't think they should put Shenmue on a DC collection, least of all because both games would probably take up one disc, seeing as they each took up 4 discs on the DC!! they should release them on XBLA though, and I can't wait for JSR, I just hope to god they don't fuck up anything like the wrong music or no online, Sega seem to be some what retarded when it comes to finally answering Dreamcast owners prayers, they seem to just cock them up on purpose!! I'm looking at Soul Calibur port and Crazy Taxi Specifically lol
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

Scandinavian
Graffiti Grind

Post#7 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Im not good with programming and stuff, but would it not be natural that Shenmue is smaller then 3bg if its put on a DVD rom?
I might be crawling in the dark here, but if you see Shenmue 1 -Disc 2 then it only last for 2 Shenmue days!
is it not the high amount of texture combined with the movies that makes Shenmue impossible to put on one disc?
If you had 4.7GB of disc space, you would have enough space to put all the Shenmue 1 texture on and then add the scenery.
Out of the 3gb of Shenmue 1, then most of it is the same thing?
Cause you are adding all the same base elements to each disc! The only difference from disc 2 to 3 is the dialogs and the movies, yeah? You have the same harbour, the same dobuita, the same dojo etc.

Am i completly wrong here?

Scandinavian
Graffiti Grind

Post#8 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:36 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:speaking of Dreamcast Collection vol 1, check out the thread I started in the lounge, its on a special 1 day offer on play.com at £3.99!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4483

personally I don't think they should put Shenmue on a DC collection, least of all because both games would probably take up one disc, seeing as they each took up 4 discs on the DC!! they should release them on XBLA though, and I can't wait for JSR, I just hope to god they don't fuck up anything like the wrong music or no online, Sega seem to be some what retarded when it comes to finally answering Dreamcast owners prayers, they seem to just cock them up on purpose!! I'm looking at Soul Calibur port and Crazy Taxi Specifically lol

Well, when the consumer is not rising up, then they can cock-slap ( :lol: ) us all day long.
Its basic economic:)... If we as concumers complained about their products, then thinks might change! By buying there product, then we are kinda woting for it! Its not like they put their company on the line by releasing a new sonic game every 12 hours. But as long as they can puke up cheap titles for big proffit, then they will keep doing it. Sega is not in the buisness to satisfy die-hard fans, they are in the buisness to make money!
These days everything is very mainstream! Sega does not have a living console now, so the need for pushing these kinds of titles is even more important.
If Nintendo became a third party developer, they would drop mario in a hearbeat if it was necesarry.
Cause Mario, wich is the flagship of Nintendo would not have a sentimental value to the consumer.
But since Mario is good comersial for Nintendo consoles, then they will keep making these games, even if they lost some small sums of money on it.
(not that mario is bad buisness or bad games, i like them alot)

Same shit is with Shenmue! Why would they promote Shenmue on a 360 if they can make twise the profit on Sonic the hedgehog 43? They do not give to shits about us Shenmue fans, and I understand them very much! If I was a capitalistic Sega CEO then i would not make Shenmue if the risk/profit ratio was high! I would put the money in the pocket, make Sonic games, and pray that the consumer would keep letting me control the market.

amen:D

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:22 am

true say, and its a shame...

Fuck it, I just hope they port Sonic Colours to other consoles or make the sequel multiplatform like they are doing with Epic Mickey 2
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

Scandinavian
Graffiti Grind

Post#10 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:05 am

Just give us Shenmue 3 and they can port their sonic games to Jupiter for all i care!
Hey, I might even start buying theire products again if they give me Shenmue 3.
But until that day, all Sega games will be ilegally downloaded from internet to my modded Wii and DSi where I can play them for free!