Monster Hunter PS2: Online Revival Possible

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Re: Monster Hunter PS2: Online Revival Possible

Post#21 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:40 pm

We do have a discord, but it's still not open to the general public yet. We want to make sure everything is rock solid before we open the floodgates :P

As far as a time estimate, I'd say pretty soon, it's mostly functional. For general news regarding the project, just stay tuned to this thread. I know I've been quiet here, but that's because we haven't had many major breakthroughs that warrant an update. When anything big happens, I will for sure post it here.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#22 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:02 pm

BananaXX wrote:
TacT wrote:Unless this game is being ported to dreamcast keep this ps/2 junk outa here =p

Oh man, Monster Hunter on Dreamcast? That would be a dream come true!

Yeah. That would have been cool. :D

beanboy
Wazza

Post#23 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:05 pm

I saw the title of this topic and read your post.
That is really cool news. Pulling off what you guys have so far, must have been tough.

ReaderRagfish wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:I wonder, does this mean reviving other old MH games is also possible, or did the protocol completely change with each release? The PS2 alone has several MH games, IIRC...

From what I gather, MH1 is the key focus right now but they briefly tested the others using similar servers. 2 Dos functions in some areas but needs a lot of work and currently multiplayer doesn't work. G was also tried but out of the box didn't work at all. All 3 use KDDI so they're not impossible, but we're taking it one step at a time.

The western versions used a completely different protocol, and unfortunately due to this will likely never be revived. It's not a huge deal though, as a translation patch is being worked on and the most important stuff (items, menus, etc) is already completed.

KDDI? :shock:
That is the same thing, that many online Japanese dreamcast games use.
Eg. Vampire Chronicles, SSF2 Turbo X etc.

Interesting. :geek:
Last edited by beanboy on Mon May 13, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dixdros
noob

Post#24 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:47 pm

so any new screenshots or maybe videos? i really like mh maybe a closed beta for testing the gameplay etc?

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#25 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:59 pm

Figured I might as well open it up because every few weeks I get a DM here asking about it :P

If you want to play, join this https://discord.gg/YzmeXb8. It's the official server of the project and contains info on how to connect and play, along with other stuff like translation patches
Last edited by Ragfish on Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dekario
noob

Post#26 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:43 am

Hey, so how's it looking with online play? and how even does this work? are you running private servers or something? i was thinking about downloading the emulator and play monster hunter dos. how would i be able to play online tho?

SpaghettiCat
rebel

Post#27 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:01 pm

Dekario wrote:Hey, so how's it looking with online play? and how even does this work? are you running private servers or something? i was thinking about downloading the emulator and play monster hunter dos. how would i be able to play online tho?

Literally read the post above you.