ps2 online Area 51

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

ps2 online Area 51

Post#1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:09 pm

anybody here still play ps2 games online through real servers...not xlink kai? i have been messing around with COD 3 online and played Tribes Aereal Assault a few days ago.

I'm trying to find out how to play Area 51 online. Apparently if you have the ntsc version you have to have an old save file on your memory card for it to work at least thats what i saw on ps2onlinegaming.com...but that particular thread hasn't been updated since 2017 i believe.

i thought i saw Mista's name mentioned in that thread...anyway, long story short...me like area 51 and me want to play it again online...but me dont know how and curiuos if anybody here would like to give it a try

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Re: ps2 online Area 51

Post#2 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:45 pm

I'm only here for Dreamcast :/ but I just wanted to say Tribes was the 1st game I ever played online after I got my network adapter for ps2 on the day it was released haha, oh memories. Good luck though!

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:48 pm

dont get me wrong...as far as playing older consoles online...dreamcast is my top priority and i am fully emersed in the dc community but every once in a while like to mess around with other old systems too

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:04 pm

I tried getting online with Area 51 a while back but I could never figure it out. Tried various DNS servers and Codebreaker codes but nothing worked. I couldn't get past DNAS server authentication. Apparently it's much easier to connect with the PAL version of the game as it doesn't use DNAS but I have no way of playing PAL games.

I gotta say, even with native broadband support, PS2 games seem to be a pain in the neck to play online. There's no one site where you can find all the info you need. You have to dig through tons of forum threads that may or may not contain accurate and up-to-date information.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:40 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:I tried getting online with Area 51 a while back but I could never figure it out. Tried various DNS servers and Codebreaker codes but nothing worked. I couldn't get past DNAS server authentication. Apparently it's much easier to connect with the PAL version of the game as it doesn't use DNAS but I have no way of playing PAL games.

I gotta say, even with native broadband support, PS2 games seem to be a pain in the neck to play online. There's no one site where you can find all the info you need. You have to dig through tons of forum threads that may or may not contain accurate and up-to-date information.

yea and i am really surprised theres not a real dedicated ps2 sitewith everything you need considering a zillion pople had a ps2. so apparently on area51 you need to have an old profile savd on the mem card from back then to play online with ntsc version

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:47 pm

Also the PC version has been free-to-have ^.^

PS2 can be played over Cristian's (done it) and maybe Bobz DNS too.. but requires save file firstly

Nobody knows how to manipulate the save to have your own nick.. so nobody plays ={ 8v8 looks great too for a PS2 port

Area_51_PS2_Amaterasu_save.7z

Copy with PS2's wLaunchELF then execute psupaste into the memory card

EDIT: It's true PS2 online and the memory card exploit branches off to several sites and tis a lot to take in @ first. Go with NP noobie package has all the apps you'd like instead of crafting your own package so install tis one shot badabing badabang

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:10 pm

AH! I see CHT file in my HDD

Yeh you will need to bypass DNAS yourself, you could even use PS2RD from the USB and rock on with the authentic disc

There is PS2rd floating around savemgo forum, ok swooped mine out the USB/flash drive:

PS2rd_mistamontiel.7z

The following is the code (already in my PS2rd setup above).

SLUS-20595

Mastercode
903C1740 00832021

DNAS Bypass
20384E70 0C123A6E
2048E9B8 3C081000
2048E9BC 35080012
2048E9C0 AC48003C
2048E9C4 080E61E2

EDIT: Yup this is still mandatory to bypass DNAS yourself
Last edited by mistamontiel on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:20 pm

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#9 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:44 pm

I have my PS2 online, we've been testing/debugging a Monster Hunter server and it's a ton of fun. However, there aren't really any other PS2 games I'd want to play online.

pcwzrd13 wrote:I gotta say, even with native broadband support, PS2 games seem to be a pain in the neck to play online. There's no one site where you can find all the info you need. You have to dig through tons of forum threads that may or may not contain accurate and up-to-date information.

I've gotten many of my old systems back online, such as Dreamcast, PS2, Wii, and DS. Of those, Dreamcast is the only one that really has a good, well designed community. We have regular game nights to help get players for less popular games, an irc where most players hang out, a single place to find the latest updates and guides, and it all works well.

Compare this to places like wiimmfi for Wii and DS games that have a much larger userbase than Dreamcast Live and are simpler to set up, but it hardly feels like a community and it's hard to find players for anything other than Mario Kart because there are no game nights and there's no designated community where you can just pop in and say "Anyone want to play Bomberman?" and instantly have 3 other people join you. Heck, the official site doesn't even have a connection guide

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#10 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:05 am

mista...lol all that is like wayy over my head. how do you put the files on a ps2 mem card. i cant fit the memory card in my computer. i am a full tard