PSN ID

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Siku
dark night

Re: PSN ID

Post#21 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Siku84

Only online game atm I still currently own is Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Plan on getting Uncharted 2 back soon.
--> My YouTube - PSO Texture Edits * PSO Character : Siku (HUmar, Skyly) Lvl 116 *

lazyhoboguy
fire

Post#22 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Siku wrote:Siku84

Only online game atm I still currently own is Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Plan on getting Uncharted 2 back soon.

That game has an online mode? What is it?
my youtube channel
my game collection
ps2onlinegaming.com [plan ps2 online and lan tunneling matches (xlink kai)]

Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Post#23 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Ninja doesnt, uncharted does. But uncharted 2 has an AWESOME. Best one on ps3 imo.

Siku
dark night

Post#24 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:17 pm

lazyhoboguy wrote:
Siku wrote:Siku84

That game has an online mode? What is it?

It indeed does have an online mode doc. It's just online Co-op though, and not through the campaign but a survival missions kinda thing. Similar to MW2's Spec Ops mode.
--> My YouTube - PSO Texture Edits * PSO Character : Siku (HUmar, Skyly) Lvl 116 *

Dr. Pariolo

Post#25 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Hmmm.. Thats interesting! :p Are you renting that copy or its actually yours? Just asking if i should start looking for a cheap copy on ebay... ;o

Siku
dark night

Post#26 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Dr. Pariolo wrote:Hmmm.. Thats interesting! :p Are you renting that copy or its actually yours? Just asking if i should start looking for a cheap copy on ebay... ;o

Yes, That game I actually "own" lol. Been a fan of Ninja Gaiden for ages. Explains why I always sported the Hayabusa Helm in Halo 3 even when almost everyone was using it (wish it was in Reach *snif*). :D

It's the same as the 360 version but ofcourse the added Co-Op missions and and a few new campaign missions including you playing as three different characters. Ayane, Rachel, and Momiji. Conveniently, all female and the developers adding a boob shaking mechanic with the six axis controller lmao. :lol:

Dr. Pariolo

Post#27 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Lol yeah ive been watching video review of it.. That boob shaking control is an amazing feature XDD its a shame they removed most of the blood though =S .. All right then, ill see if i can find it cheap and we shall play it online man :D

lazyhoboguy
fire

Post#28 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Heard they removed the blood because it F'ed up the frame rate on the 360 version.
my youtube channel
my game collection
ps2onlinegaming.com [plan ps2 online and lan tunneling matches (xlink kai)]

Favrenation
Outrun

Post#29 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:45 pm

hah I just proof that the PS3 is better lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would it really mess the frame rate up that bad?
PS2 Online Gaming

Siku
dark night

Post#30 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 pm

Favrenation wrote:hah I just proof that the PS3 is better lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would it really mess the frame rate up that bad?

I beat the hell out of the 360 version and I honestly didn't have any framerate issues, aside from one level in one area in which you are having a crapload of missiles being shot at you did I notice a frame drop.

lazyhoboguy wrote:Heard they removed the blood because it F'ed up the frame rate on the 360 version.

Nope, It's actually because the game is run in actual 720p while the 360 version is run in 585p ;

Wikipedia wrote:Team Ninja made several changes to the PS3 version's graphics from the Xbox 360 version. The game has been rebuilt on the same game engine as the first Ninja Gaiden Sigma The native resolution is now 720p, compared to the original 585p and the game has increased use bloom lighting[8]. The upgrade is commented by Digital Foundry as "Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 often has the visual edge, not just thanks to its massively increased resolution but also through the accomplished use of the RSX's pixel shaders"[9].

As a trade off for increased resolution, the amount of on-screen action has been reduced in the PS3 version to keep the game running at an acceptable speed. Digital Foundry points out that there are fewer enemies spawned at one time in the PS3 version of the game, and the developers "blatantly remove polygons in the Sigma edition in order to maintain frame-rate"[10]. Also of note is the reduction of bloodshed and gore-related violence than the Xbox 360 version. [11] Sprays of blood have been replaced by purple mist, and dead enemies and severed limbs will vanish from the battlefield "almost instantly" after killing an enemy[8].

Aside from the blood, the only thing that still makes me sway towards the 360 version over the PS3 is the Custom Soundtracks and difficulty. Sigma 2 is easier due to the amount of on screen enemies alone. Nothing beats slicing up tons of people while listening to some adrenaline pumping music and still retaining the game's sound effects.

Return to “PlayStation Consoles”