3DO

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

beanboy
Wazza

Re: 3DO

Post#11 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:38 pm

Wow! It must be tough, playing Street Fighter 2 games on that controller. But I heard that the port, of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, is actually good.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:00 am

The 3DO does have some 6 button controllers, including one made by Capcom basically with SF2 in mind. It looks kinda weird but I heard its relatively comfortable and easy to use

beanboy
Wazza

Post#13 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:40 pm

Yeah. I know about that special capcom controller. That controller is unusual yet cool. :D

Unfortunately, I haven't ever used one. :lol:

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:00 am

Samurai showdown 1 is a very good port Still runs faster then dreamneo lol

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#15 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:35 am

I learn yesterday, 3DO have an unreleased version of half life like dreamcast.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#16 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:43 am

there is also the 3do 2 md2 cancelled console

this is the 3do 2 this guy is making fixing unreleased games for the unreleased hardware lol

would been a big upgrade thats were our dreamcast game D2 comes from

Greg2600
dark night

Post#17 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:31 am

I have a FZ-1 with the USB mod and I took the drive out and just play games via flash drive now. It's an okay system, but pretty much surpassed in every way by the Playstation or Saturn.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:52 am

Greg2600 wrote:I have a FZ-1 with the USB mod and I took the drive out and just play games via flash drive now. It's an okay system, but pretty much surpassed in every way by the Playstation or Saturn.

Depends on what you like :) i rather have a 3do then a old ps1

Greg2600
dark night

Post#19 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Depends on what you like :) i rather have a 3do then a old ps1

Well I have both, ha ha. I mainly got a 3DO because it came out during this amazing period of time in console gaming, when so much was changing. Unlike the CD-i or Neo Geo, which I wasn't fond of at the time, I did play the 3DO store demo several times and wanted to get one, which due to its price was not happening. I still would like to get the light gun for it. That said, my point was that many of the games were ported a year or so later to PS1 and Saturn. Yes, several of the early lineup remained exclusive, including a lot of the goofy FMV games. It's also an expensive system to collect for.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#20 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Depends on what you like :) i rather have a 3do then a old ps1

Well I have both, ha ha. I mainly got a 3DO because it came out during this amazing period of time in console gaming, when so much was changing. Unlike the CD-i or Neo Geo, which I wasn't fond of at the time, I did play the 3DO store demo several times and wanted to get one, which due to its price was not happening. I still would like to get the light gun for it. That said, my point was that many of the games were ported a year or so later to PS1 and Saturn. Yes, several of the early lineup remained exclusive, including a lot of the goofy FMV games. It's also an expensive system to collect for.

But just like the dreamcast for the non collector it's burn play there are cases few games which are the best versions on any system :) also a system were emulators suck on so you need the real machine there are some but there not really that great.. and i love the start up bios tune heheh

Games were ported but with out the cheese and fmv parts and flash crazy stuff soundtracks need4speed all the others now that stuff is cool to look back on heheh 3do is the only console i regret selling few games i really loved .. the ports to the other systems lost there soul to me when they went over..

most of the games were ported but it's good to look at were they came from.. not much into ports from console to console pc to console yes..

I rather see what it was like when it was coded for in the first place..

Next fav console would be the saturn then the dreamcast

ps1 always left me cold with the wobble polys

Return to “PlayStation Consoles”