Ps3 Headphones Query.

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Neohound
Gold Lion

Ps3 Headphones Query.

Post#1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:31 am

I bought my son a pair of headphones for his Ps3 but I can't get them to work. Any ideas ?

Basically, the headphones have a usb plug plus an 'analogue' audio in plug. Obviously I've plugged the usb into a usb port on the ps3 but I can't find anywhere to plug in the audio-in part. His tv has neither an audio out or headphone soket and the only lead he has to the tv from ps3 is HDMI, so no joy there.

Question is can I connect anything from the ps3 that has some sort of analogue audio-out so I can get the in-game audio to the headphones whilst also having HDMI lead to the tv ?

Hope I've explained it well enough.........

Over to the experts ;) :)

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Re: Ps3 Headphones Query.

Post#2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 am

Everything is changed in the Audio device settings. You can change Mic volume, input device and output device. Sometimes it will set them sometimes you have to set them yourself.

Go to accessory settings, then to audio device settings and set everything up.

If these headphones are Turtle Beach then the USB is for power (the sound amplifier) and the Mic, almost all of these Turtle Beach have a RCA splitter with wire leading to a earphone jack at the end, you plug the Audio (red and white) from the console into the splitters and then the splitters into the TV, then you plug the earphone jack from the splitters into the female earphone jack thats apart of the USB cable.

It would have helped if you told us what brand and model of headset you got, because each might not hook up the same way.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks a lot madmax :)

Done it ! I changed the accessory and sound output settings and the ps3 instantly recognised it as a Gioteck EX05 headset. We then found an old ps2 av out lead and connected that to the headset's rca pugs............and it worked 8-)

Sounds very good, my son is happy as larry now. He went straight into a game of MW3. Very predictable haha

Thanks again.

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#4 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:30 am

Neohound wrote:Thanks a lot madmax :)

Hey, no problem. we are all here to help each other.

Neohound wrote:We then found an old ps2 av out lead and connected that to the headset's rca pugs............and it worked 8-)

That is the only fallback with these headsets that i can see, they need a HDMI pass through that does the same thing as the RCA splitters do. although i really love them, i just don't really care to be wired to the console by my head.

Return to “PlayStation Consoles”