Sony Downsizes By 90%

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Re: Sony Downsizes By 90%

Post#31 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Again, not sure if OP info is correct, I just used this thread as a vessel for a Sony rant :D

I don't see why I need to be biased anyway, I always liked Sega and if I want Sony to burn in hell, I'll type it ;)

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#32 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Also I can't seem to find precise info on what is leading the market, is it still :

1) Wii
2) 360
3) PS3
4) PC
5) Apple apps
6) GB/2DS/3DS
7) Android apps

???

What a stagnant market...just like 2007 numbers...

MrSega

Post#33 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:58 pm

@djvectorman. I can easily answer that question. As of 2012, SEGASammy Holdings is worth $23 billion in net worth about the same as Nintendo and has $32 billion worth of assets. During Dreamcast, SEGA/CSK was worth $2 billion. In 2006 when PS3 launched, SEGA was worth $5 billion. The net worth has grown has grown steadliy since 2005.

SEGA has been doing extradinarly well finicially since 2009. They are reporting in their fiscal report to have earned a total of $12 billion in revenue since 2009.

SEGA has spent all year long quietly re organizing. Since they are a public tranding company
they have aquired $8 billion from private investors to open up NEW Venture Capital. This is where "ORBI" comes from.

SEGA has been profiting on domestic markets and NON 3rd party console markets. They are actually doing BETTER finanicially then have in 15 years!

SEGA is actually BACK in BLACK now.

As for a media format, according to what ORBI describes, they're planning their OWN media format as well and has dozens of NON GAMING related investments planned.

It would seem that SEGA is coming back with reenforcements.

MrSega

Post#34 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:02 pm

djvectorman wrote:Again, not sure if OP info is correct, I just used this thread as a vessel for a Sony rant :D

I don't see why I need to be biased anyway, I always liked Sega and if I want Sony to burn in hell, I'll type it ;)

Sony won't be in the hardware business much longer anyway. At the rate things are going for them, they'll be shutting down SCEI in 2 years.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#35 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:12 pm

MrSega wrote:@djvectorman. I can easily answer that question. As of 2012, SEGASammy Holdings is worth $23 billion in net worth about the same as Nintendo and has $32 billion worth of assets.

SEGA has been doing extradinarly well finicially since 2009. They are reporting in their fiscal report to have earned a total of $12 billion in revenue since 2009.

SEGA has been profiting on domestic markets and NON 3rd party console markets. They are actually doing BETTER finanicially then have in 15 years!

SEGA is actually BACK in BLACK now.

Can I see documentation backing this up ?

This is where "ORBI" comes from.
As for a media format, according to what ORBI describes, they're planning their OWN media format

Yeah because DC GD-Rom idea was good :P

Is there any proof on this Orbi stuff ? I know the patents are legit, but I see nothing about a console. Is this a ringedge type "sega console" rumor ?
Oh no, don't tell me that. I'm so sick of these super secret Sega possible from wishing on a star ringedge/dc2/look a youtube dc2 cartoon video it looks like a wiiu people are even clapping, etc home console rumors.

When I do find things on it, it's articles of nobody buying the story.

http://gameolosophy.com/consoles/sega/sega-orbi-not-this-again-sega-console-bs-alert/

I don't even care if Sega does make one right now, I just want Sony to fall. "...Fall...Fall !!!" - Megatron TFTM 1986

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#36 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Wow 403 Forbidden when you click that link here lol wow ok :

"by the following names: Sega Orbi, DC Pad, and Steambook which have had supposed partners interested or downright begging sega for help, such as Apple or steam(I kid you not). Unlike previous rumors however, this one has Legit attempts at disguising itself. Sega’s trademark for Orbi is a real thing and legit, however the trademark is almost horrendously broad covering numerous markets Sega has no interest nor presence in. The second bar of evidence cited for their return are the re-registering of old trademarks having to deal with Sega’s hardware enterprise and a small amount of patents being filed from Sega as well as approved. Well yea, Patents? They must be legit! Right?"

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#37 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Also how the hell do I change the "Roadster" title under my screename here in control panel ?

MrSega

Post#38 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:28 pm

@djvectorman. You can read all about Sega Orbi on my blog.

Click on my profile.

Or Google "SegaOrbiBeyond".

All the documentation can be found either way.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#39 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:32 pm

I read your blog. But when I do "non mr sega articles" on google or ask searches nobody is believing it or even knows what it is. I asked a lot of other questions above.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#40 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:36 pm

I believe you discussed Orbi in the rumor section of this site before mods had to close that section down.

But 1 persons blog isn't concrete evidence of Orbi being Segas console/division. I'm getting flashbacks of ringedge here.

When I search, all I get is this info on different forums :

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4224&start=60

Or nobody buys it :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486309

Return to “PlayStation Consoles”