Good PS3 games

Talk about PlayStation Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ArChoN
WarLord

Good PS3 games

Post#1 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:13 pm

I was thinking in the near future about getting a PS3, not for just the games, but for the fact of it having a bult-in Blueray player.

But I would like to get some games for it and I was wondering what games out there for the PS3 are good. I was going to get Ressistance when I got PS3, but most people said it wasn't all that great. Guide me in the direction to some games worth getting for it.

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Re: Good PS3 games

Post#2 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Well,

Dead Space
Resistance Fall of Man
Call of Duty 5
Street Fighter 4

All these games come to mind. This should be a good list to start you off.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Bryan Gallardo
Quad Damage

Post#3 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Midnight Club. or most racing games are fun. rockband or guitar hero. Most shooters r fun
Gallardo HUmar
CaL!4n1a RAcast

mawa
undertow

Post#4 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm

i like resident evil 5 and also killzone 2 is a good game

Jawn86
noob

Post#5 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Tekken
Need For Speed
Mortal Kombat
Midnight Club
Spyro
Tomb Raider
Grand Turismo

so many more to name
60GB Playstation 3 (7-4-08) Sony (the 3rd)
Sega Dreamcast (3-16-09) Casper
U2BE:http://www.youtube.com/SubaruXT6

Unrealdark
rebel

Post#6 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Resistence 2 is damn fun.

richermartyn
noob

Post#7 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:59 am

Hello guys....
I like the game verlord II and i like to give it's review...
The advance of hell and of absolute chaos was the theme of Overlord1. This theme continues in this sequel, where you must assume the role of a boy called "overlade" armed and ready to conquer the world.

The story continues from where he had been left in the first episode. In this sequel play impersonificando overlade, the heir of Overlord in the first game. The boy had been abducted by the "Glorious Empire" (Empire glorious), a company of Romans and was taken away in the mountains of Nordberg. Hell is preparing for a revenge and he now needs to regain the land and stop the new rule from destroying everything and bad magic.

The game is similar to the first of its controlled Overlord tirapiedi (his faithful servants) and sent them to do his work. In this sequel the Minion (tirapiedi) improve their artificial intelligence and can do more things. They can also help with the heavy artillery. Depending on their color, they can climb mountains or jump from the mountains: in this way have access to an area inaccessible by foot. You can also give names to your Minion, And your favorite Minion dies, you can do to revive the cemetery of Minion.

Apart from the Minion, pass through a majestic and peaceful land where fairies and elves live. Meet even human slaves that you can release in exchange for asking him to join your army and help Minion during attacks on enemies.

Just like its predecessor, this game does not disappoint and will keep your interest alive till the end.

The_Codstr
rebel

Post#8 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:04 am

GRID
the only game that springs to mind :P

no point getting GT5 prologue as its rubbish. get the full game however and you will love it (december 29th release i think)

hydroMorphoneMat
lithium

Post#9 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:02 am

Grid!!! I jus found the demo. Its badass.
Gt5, I got,sold,bought it again just to sell it. Single player mode is crap.never went online with my ps3 till after I got rid of it (again). I want to like it, graphics are nice like most games I guess. But ya, ill just stick with my gt4 copy.
MGS4 is amazing especially if you've played the first two. They make some ps3 jokes through the codec, and you hear audio clips from previous Metal Gears. Some of the voices are creepier than shit tho. I like horror movies but I can't really get myself to play horror game titles.
The last guy, and flower on psn are cheap and really fun.
LittleBigPlanet ads made me want the game when it came out, but unless you play with friends there is no real replay value. Online you can play some crazy levels, but if you play with someone else on LBP they like to just leave you in the dust and kill you 50% of the time.
The Orange Box is good if you like halflife, plus episodes 1 &2. Comes with portal and team fortress 2 also. Portal is a mind fuck. Fortress 2 is only online and from what I've tried not really a gamer base either. But for 18 bucks you get 4 great games in orange box (unless you buy new).
Motorstorm is nice, haven't tried the new one except for demo. Cheap game used also.Now if you play alone I would not get any rockband game, too expensive, its only fun when you get friends over to make a band. Can't justify anything with that game.guitar hero is better I think, go online stomp on some person across the world,hahaha.
Elder scrolls 3 oblivion, is a massive game worth the price used, but if you don't play for a few days I find it hard to pick back up from where you left off. Plus the game is a bitch untill you get to level 15 or so and are actually capable of killing wolves, bandits etc.
The_Codstr wrote:GRID
the only game that springs to mind :P

no point getting GT5 prologue as its rubbish. get the full game however and you will love it (december 29th release i think)

TripMercy
Anarki

Post#10 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:52 am

Valkyria Chronicles (from SEGA ;) )
Resident Evil 5 rules
Final Fantasy XIII/versus (if they EVER come out in the US)
Uncharted
Batman Arkham Asylum
Tekken 6

to name a few
Im vengeance, Im the night, Im Batman