Sakura wars sequel translations

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Sakura wars sequel translations

Post#1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:20 pm

Hey guys I recently discovered the translation of the original sakura wars and I love it. I was wondering whether any of the sequels were translated or being worked on. All Google keeps pointing me to is the translation of the original. Any info would be much appreciated, thank you

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Re: Sakura Wars' Sequels' Translations

Post#2 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:46 am

Short answer:
For all of your Sakura Wars info, visit News from the Sakura Wars!

Long answer:
Officially translated into English

1. Sakura Wars TV anime (DVD and Blu-ray)
  2. Sakura Wars original manga (comics printed in several volumes of books)
  3. Sakura Wars OVA (set before the first game) (DVD)
  4. Sakura Wars OVA 2 (set after the first two games) (DVD)
  5. Sakura Wars OVA: Sumire (retirement special) (DVD)
  6. Sakura Wars OVA 3 (Paris division) (DVD)
  7. Sakura Wars: The Movie (CD, DVD, and Blu-ray)
  8. Sakura Wars V (5) (PS2, Wii)
  9. Project X Zone (playable cameos) (3DS)
  10. Project X Zone 2 (playable cameos) (3DS)
  11. Sakura Wars (6) (PS4)
  12. New Sakura Wars the Animation (new episodes now streaming weekly at Funimation.com)

Unofficially translated into English

1. Sakura Wars (SEGA Saturn)
  2. Sakura Wars shoujo manga (comics featuring the Musical Division)
  3. Sakura Wars OVA 3 (Parisian division after Sakura Wars 3) (DVD)
  4. Sakura Wars OVA 5 (New York division after Sakura Wars V) (DVD)

Untranslated into English

1. Games (Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, GBC, DS, PC)
  2. Cameos in numerous cell phone games and PSO 2
  3. Sakura Wars musicals (CD, DVD, and Blu-ray)
  4. Sakura Wars light novels
  5. Sakura Wars clothing, figurines (with CD's), wall scrolls, miscellaneous merchandise
  6. New Sakura Wars the Animation sports car
  7. Pocket Sakura (It's like an extensive VMU game or Tamagotchi.)

Additional
Work also continues on refining the translation of the original game. Furthermore, there are English guides for playing through many of the untranslated games and summaries of the games / episodes. If you require further information, then please PM me or visit the News from the Sakura Wars Web site or ask in our News from the Sakura Wars Facebook group.
Last edited by Nz17 on Fri May 29, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Re: Sakura wars sequel translations

Post#3 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:41 am

Please update.

The PS2 game (the 5th in the series) Sakura Wars ~So Long, My Love~ was officially localized, making it the first game installment officially available to the West.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#4 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:39 am

OatBob wrote:Please update. The PS2 game (the 5th in the series) Sakura Wars ~So Long, My Love~ was officially localized, making it the first game installment officially available to the West.

Please pardon me: Sakura Wars V wasn't forgotten, it was merely lost among the drafts and revisions I made before submitting the post. With so many similar names and platforms across dozens of lines, it was simple to overlook one entry among so many.

But fret not: I own both of the North American releases of Sakura Wars V including the Nintendo Wii standard edition and the PlayStation 2 collector's edition as well as the limited edition, localized art book A.K.A. "Materials Collection."

Plus an imported Gemini Sunrise PVC figurine.

And I've also got Project X Zone for 3DS which features several Sakura Wars characters from 1 - 5.

Plus the superior Dramatic Dungeon: Sakura Taisen for DS which features the entire New York Division as well as those from Paris and Tokyo.

And the Sakura Wars movie which features Ratchet Altair before she joins the New York division.

Also several digital downloads of Sakura Wars V music from iTunes featuring songs by Gemini Sunrise and Michael Sunnyside.

And if anyone is interested, there are also lots of posts and information about Sakura Wars V on the Web site and Facebook group of News from the Sakura Wars including wallpapers.

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#5 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:43 pm

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise sakura wars was so massive I honestly thought it was just like 3 games not some sprawling cross media empire lol