Sega saturn HELLSLAVE : Project Z-Treme Version 2020 2.04 HDMI 60fps Real hardware BY XL2

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Re: Sega saturn HELLSLAVE : Project Z-Treme Version 2020 2.04 HDMI 60fps Real hardware BY XL2

Post#11 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:15 pm

People may hate me for this but: I am MUCH more interested in this than a fan made sonic game.

It looks amazing. I hope he finds a way to make this some sort of commercial release. Should be possible now that it is much easier to play non-OEM CDs /ISOs on the Saturn
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

ShadowGeist
undertow

Re: Sega saturn HELLSLAVE : Project Z-Treme Version 2020 2.04 HDMI 60fps Real hardware BY XL2

Post#12 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:49 pm

Want Sonic X-Treme ?

Grab Sonic Z-Treme Source Code and finish programming it.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:50 am

I so hoped one day this might come over to the DC, so maybe we will get that chance? If so I am stoked! It could make an amazing sonic game engine if that original version of the engine was finished up and modders were able to make games with it.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#15 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:51 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:..I think once he abandons the glory of Saturn having an actual Sonic game everyone myself included lost interest

Now another trillion Quake 2 ports

He has not done that and totaly from scratch redid this groudn up rewrite of the demo shown at e3 like thing in 1997

but it's better then what they did..

Marvel at the power speed real time reflection of what the saturn can do and by a homebrew dev..
this not some recompile of the src this written by him to match the footage shown of this ..
I have no doubt the saturn can handle a fast 3d sonic adventure style game.

Beautiful Sonic game!
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#16 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:23 am

I played this over the weekend on a Saturn emu. It plays wonderfully and shows how the Saturn was meant to be used.

With 2020 knowledge, I believe a Saturn 3D sonic game could have been made. But instead of trying to make a world to explore, ala Mario 64, they could have made a game along the lines of current sonic games (running down a tunnel / boost gameplay) As impressive as the characters and levels are in Sonic R, the stages are too confusing by trying to loop over eachother. Focusing on constantly moving forward would be better suited for what the Saturn can do.

Building the world in 3D, with a lot of 2D sprites would look/play excellent as seen here. Mario 64, while mostly 3D, is a very slow game, and the sprites are bulky and don"t look like the Mario universe. Using the Saturn to make detailed sprites in a 3D world would give the game a the proper cartoonish look while using the hardware the way it was intended to maintain speed.

Absurd
undertow

Post#17 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:24 am

I wonder if it could be purposed to create something along the lines of Sonic Colours. 2D backgrounds with the action in 3D. Or vice versa. Just a thought.