How is the Sega Saturn?

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.
User avatar
Chris7
blackout!
Posts: 136

How is the Sega Saturn?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:45 pm

How is the Sega Saturn? I might get one. What are some key titles for it?

User avatar
FightingVipers
BFG-10K
Posts: 205

Re: How is the Sega Saturn?

Post#2 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Sega Saturn is a great console, if a little misunderstould.

good titles

Fighters Virtual Fighter 2 Fighters Megamix Dead Or Alive (jap oly release but worth importing) Fighting Vipers Last Bronx Virtual On

Racing games Wipeout 2097 Sega Rally Daytona and Daytona CCE, there are lots of good racers.

First person Shooters Doom, Duke Nukem , Hexen, Quake.

One game not to miss on Saturn is "Nights Into Dreams" by Sonic Team.

Theres a few of my favourites im sure other will have there own thoughts.

Saturn only had a short life and was over shadowed by the PS1 but if you give it a chance im sure you will grow to love it
Image

User avatar
Chris7
blackout!
Posts: 136

Re: How is the Sega Saturn?

Post#3 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:29 pm

FightingVipers wrote:Sega Saturn is a great console, if a little misunderstould.

good titles

Fighters Virtual Fighter 2 Fighters Megamix Dead Or Alive (jap oly release but worth importing) Fighting Vipers Last Bronx Virtual On

Racing games Wipeout 2097 Sega Rally Daytona and Daytona CCE, there are lots of good racers.

First person Shooters Doom, Duke Nukem , Hexen, Quake.

One game not to miss on Saturn is "Nights Into Dreams" by Sonic Team.

Theres a few of my favourites im sure other will have there own thoughts.

Saturn only had a short life and was over shadowed by the PS1 but if you give it a chance im sure you will grow to love it


How does like $50-$60 sound for it?

User avatar
FightingVipers
BFG-10K
Posts: 205

Re: How is the Sega Saturn?

Post#4 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:36 pm

If its in good shape with all leads and controllers then id be willing to pay that for a saturn.
Image

User avatar
Chris7
blackout!
Posts: 136

Re: How is the Sega Saturn?

Post#5 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 pm

FightingVipers wrote:If its in good shape with all leads and controllers then id be willing to pay that for a saturn.

Are leads the cords?

User avatar
Chris7
blackout!
Posts: 136

Re: How is the Sega Saturn?

Post#6 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Chris7 wrote:
FightingVipers wrote:If its in good shape with all leads and controllers then id be willing to pay that for a saturn.

Are leads the cords?


It would also be refurbished! Are games exspensive for it? Whats the price range? (average price)

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl
Posts: 529

Re: How is the Sega Saturn?

Post#7 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:45 am

That's a sort of difficult question; some great games are really cheap while some are very expensive just like on the Dreamcast. It all depends on how many copies were sold really. If I were you, I'd look up a list of top ~100 Sega Saturn games and start searching ebay for the games that stand out to you just to figure out what a decent library would cost. We have another thread in here talking about good cheap Saturn games that would be a good read for you as well.

Dreamcast_Ninja
dark night
Posts: 54

Re: How is the Sega Saturn?

Post#8 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:44 am

If you like the dreamcast get it.

User avatar
mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur
Posts: 3752

Re: How is the Sega Saturn?

Post#9 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:07 am

If you're into getting an awesome 2D library the Saturn is for you (has some great 3D titles as well, but 2D in where it excels)
We are SEGA generation.

my collection
vids

PAL/EU complete
NTSC/US complete
310 JAP games to go

User avatar
SEGA RPG FAN
Graffiti Grind
Posts: 319

Re: How is the Sega Saturn?

Post#10 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:33 am

The Sega Saturn is kind of an odd beast. Those that like it love it, but I can definitely understand those that don't. It really depends what your taste in games is. Definitely watch some youtube videos of game you're interested in. The top games have also skyrockeyed in price lately. I would suggest looking into the JP import versions of some (non-rpg) games because they will be much cheaper. Many people frown on it, but a way to play burned games is a great way to try something out before you commit to potentially dropping a good chunk of cash.

Also $50-60 is a good price. I was looking for a second Saturn recently and was hard pressed to find one in good condition at that price point.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Sega Other”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users