Burning Rangers

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Egregore
core

Burning Rangers

Post#1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:33 pm

What a great game this is. It was released on the Saturn but something about it has that "Dreamcast feel". One of Sonic Teams under appreciated masterpieces. Unfortunately it was overshadowed by Sonic Adventure, which was released in the same year.

some high quality gameplay footage i found on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQZlpVsXkB4

This game really plays great with the 3D control pad.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Burning Rangers

Post#2 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:48 pm

it's one of those game I'd loved to see on the dreamcast rather than on the saturn...

but a great game indeed, I also love it
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:07 pm

I'm thinking the game engine, chase cam, and graphic style is remniscent of PSO. Obviously this looks like a bit faster more arcadey style, but PSO otherwise seems like an upgrade in every way.

monster9000
dark night

Post#4 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:17 pm

That's a great game. I love the way the graphics look. This and virtua fighter 2 were the first 2 games I got for the saturn back in 00'

The weirdest thing is the lack of music. I bet they could have made a great sound track to this game. It's the inspiration I got from this game that made me become a volunteer firefighter. (and my stepdad)

I rate it 9/10

Egregore
core

Post#5 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:39 am

Just picked up a copy of this on Ebay tonight!

Charlton
Anarki

Post#6 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:28 pm

Want to play it never got the chance. Trying to find a copy that won't cost me to take out a loan. lol.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:38 pm

Charlton wrote:Want to play it never got the chance. Trying to find a copy that won't cost me to take out a loan. lol.

If you can understand Japanese, you can always buy the import for like $40 USD. Otherwise, it would of been cheaper to buy the US or PAL than to buy a copy of Rosetta Stone.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

Charlton
Anarki

Post#8 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:56 pm

scaryred24 wrote:
Charlton wrote:Want to play it never got the chance. Trying to find a copy that won't cost me to take out a loan. lol.

If you can understand Japanese, you can always buy the import for like $40 USD. Otherwise, it would of been cheaper to buy the US or PAL than to buy a copy of Rosetta Stone.

My wife and i are going to learn Japanese in preparation of taking a trip there but no i can't speak a bit of it right now. And i really like getting into the story of a game if i can otherwise i would buy the Japanese version. I heard that hearing your team guide you through the fires adds a lot to the game.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#9 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:10 am

Charlton wrote:My wife and i are going to learn Japanese in preparation of taking a trip there but no i can't speak a bit of it right now. And i really like getting into the story of a game if i can otherwise i would buy the Japanese version. I heard that hearing your team guide you through the fires adds a lot to the game.

It sort of does make it feel like you are not completely isolated doing your job in the game. The narrative is the only way to find out how to get through the game, but sadly due to how complex the English language actually is that gimmick is somewhat broken during translation so you may get the wrong information from the AI and get lost in the claustrophobic levels. The gimmick also becomes unavailable at the last quarter of the game, but I'm not going to explain why because it will spoil the whole plot of the game. Overall, its a must own for any Saturn collector.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

Charlton
Anarki

Post#10 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:18 am

scaryred24 wrote:
Charlton wrote:My wife and i are going to learn Japanese in preparation of taking a trip there but no i can't speak a bit of it right now. And i really like getting into the story of a game if i can otherwise i would buy the Japanese version. I heard that hearing your team guide you through the fires adds a lot to the game.

It sort of does make it feel like you are not completely isolated doing your job in the game. The narrative is the only way to find out how to get through the game, but sadly due to how complex the English language actually is that gimmick is somewhat broken during translation so you may get the wrong information from the AI and get lost in the claustrophobic levels. The gimmick also becomes unavailable at the last quarter of the game, but I'm not going to explain why because it will spoil the whole plot of the game. Overall, its a must own for any Saturn collector.

Yeah I gotta get it for sure!