Sega Saturn

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ArChoN
WarLord

Sega Saturn

Post#1 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:24 pm

I have a Saturn and have a decent amount of games for it.

Anyone else got one? If so what games do you have for it

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

Re: Sega Saturn

Post#2 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:28 pm

I got a saturn off ebay a couple years ago with Gex and Ghen War I think it's called for $20. I haven't really got into the system that much so those are the only games I have.

PSO Character
Name: Taz
Level: 26
Type: HUcast
ID: BLUEFULL
Version: 2

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#3 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:47 pm

i only have a hand full of games for mine. i got it a few months ago so i haven't had much time to buy games. so far all i have gotten for it was a 2nt official controller, light gun, College Slam, Daytona USA, Virtua cop 1&2, Area 51, Die hard trilogy, Road Rash and a sample disc.

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

Post#4 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Is that the same thing as Road Rash on the genesis?

PSO Character

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#5 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:51 pm

yes and no. i played road rash for my Sega CD. the CD and genesis versions are almost identical. the CD has better sound im sure but that is about it. the Saturn version on the other hand has better graphics and sound over the genesis version.

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

Post#6 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Gary_b wrote:yes and no. i played road rash for my Sega CD. the CD and genesis versions are almost identical. the CD has better sound im sure but that is about it. the Saturn version on the other hand has better graphics and sound over the genesis version.

I'm going to have to look into that game then because I love that game on the genesis. Also how do save games on the Saturn I can't seem to save any of of the stuff I do on Gex.

PSO Character

ArChoN
WarLord

Post#7 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Gary_b wrote:i only have a hand full of games for mine. i got it a few months ago so i haven't had much time to buy games. so far all i have gotten for it was a 2nt official controller, light gun, College Slam, Daytona USA, Virtua cop 1&2, Area 51, Die hard trilogy, Road Rash and a sample disc.

I played Die Hard all the time on my Saturn, good game. Virtua Cop and Area 51 were good games aswell. I rented the gun for the Saturn, but I never got one. Daytona USA was a good racing game. Would have been good for an online game.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#8 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:25 pm

Hobofreak wrote: Also how do save games on the Saturn I can't seem to save any of of the stuff I do on Gex.
it uses internal memory. you can also buy a ram cart that has extra storage space. from the sound of things you have one of two problems hobofreak. either your out of memory storage or the internal battery has died. to check the storage you turn the system on with out a game in it and navigate to the save memory. if there is games saved then delete the ones you no longer want.

if you do not see any game saves then it is the battery. if you find that the battery is dead. look at the back of your Saturn. you will notice a panel on the left hand side that says "open". open it up and the battery is there.

ArChoN wrote: Daytona USA was a good racing game. Would have been good for an online game.
you can play it online! you would need the Net version of Daytona USA and the modem adapter.

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

Post#9 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Maybe the fact there is no battery in there may be the problem :lol: Do you lose all the saved memory once the battery goes dead?

PSO Character

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#10 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Hobofreak wrote:Maybe the fact there is no battery in there may be the problem :lol: Do you lose all the saved memory once the battery goes dead?
the store i bought mine from replaced mine just before i got it so idk. i will pull mine out and see what happens.