Pce

Website Updates and Support for Dc Talk will be posted here.
Also post your feedback and suggestions for the site.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Pce

Post#1 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:48 pm

I wasn't able to connect to dc-talk for about two weeks. Which was strange. I assumed I was IP banned for some reason, I just installed a VPN and I was able to connect. So I was indeed IP banned from the server (rather than PHPBB IP ban)

I'm not going to make an internet drama thread. But I don't take disrespect lightly, and a reason-less stealth IP ban is very disrespectful

So I will not be returning to these boards. If anyone wants to contact me, you can go to my boards at http://bb.dreampipe.net. You can also find me in the Dreamcast online Skype group ( https://join.skype.com/gBcsLnFdjIBn ). When ASSEMblergames.com is back up, I'll be on there too

I hope to see a lot of you check in on BB occasionally

There will be a large Sonic Adventure event going up Friday for the duration of Spring. And a Dreampipe exclusive VMU game might be on the way very soon

It's been a fun two year stay here. But it seems my presence is not welcome

Pce everyone,
-Dan

(I will not be able to see any replies because I'm uninstalling this VPN after I post this)
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: Pce

Post#2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:54 pm

pretty sure if you were banned it would say that when you try to load the page.. it wouldnt just.. not connect

at least that is how every msgboard ive ever been on works.. but what do I know.. :roll:

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#3 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:49 pm

now arnold says he cant get on either..

are these people banned for somehting or should the admins take a look at something?

krssn
Metallic

Post#4 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:52 pm

AFAIK you can either ban the email address or a user, or IP ban him.

In the latter you won't be able to connect to the page in any way.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#5 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:23 pm

i cant imagine what DR_teamcast, psilo or Arnold would be banned for.. but I dont read every post on the board...

i was more wondering if there was something wrong.. on the server end or theirs.. or the possibility that they did something to get banned ithout warning..

Shuouma
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:08 am

Wonder if they have the same ISP, might be a IP-range ban due to DDOS or something. Hopefully it is nothing personal.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#7 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:40 am

i wonder who else might be locked out that we havent heard from...

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#8 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:51 am

I highly doubt Impulse has been just randomly banning people. Maybe there's something going on with the website host. I let Impulse know so hopefully it will be resolved.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#9 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:44 am

any word on this?

Ryochan7
Teriaaaaa

Post#10 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:41 pm

I had assumed as much for my own account until early this month. I cannot remember when I initially ran into problems but I cannot access the DC-Talk forums or the PSO Vega server without using some form of proxy using my normal connection. In my case, my terrible Netgear router is the main culprit. If I directly connect my computer to my cable modem, I am able to connect to the DC-Talk forums just fine and I would assume that I could connect to the Vega server as well (haven't tried it). This goes to show that buying any kind of router that cannot run open-source firmware is a mistake; I didn't buy the Netgear router and I didn't get a chance to check any database for firmware compatibility beforehand.

Return to “Website Feedback, Updates and Support”