What's cooking - is something going to drop?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderator: mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Nico0020
Feet of Fury

Re: What's cooking - is something going to drop?

Post#11 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:39 am

As others are speculating, I'm gonna agree with Take the Bullet. I can't remember if that was a year ago, but its the only prototype I remember being talked about openly about releasing.

Since a system disc is being included, that means protoype and not something online related. However I wish we had some news on QuakeWorld and Bomberman... It's been a long time

beanboy
Uber

Post#12 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:31 pm

I wonder if one of the dreamcasts fighting games, has been brought back online? Or even Daytona USA or some other racing game? If so, that would be cool. But I can only speculate. :lol:

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#13 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:37 pm

Is heroes of might and magic the thing?

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#14 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:49 am

i just want to see the multiplayer build of half life which was mentioned + confirmed in the ODCM. I really really hope that surfaces one day
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Cass
Anarki

Post#15 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:31 pm

MastaG
fire

Post#16 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:55 am

Lol at some of those Twitter posts.

runkthepunk
blackout!

Post#17 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:05 am

Ah it's getting juicy!

GDR coming from Japan with System Disc does obviously point to a Japanese non released game.

If it is Japanese game originally developed over there then it rules out numerous western titles but there are still plenty of possibilities.

PCWizard stated that it's "HUGE news" so it's unlikely to be an unreleased hentai game or the like.

It could be a game previously released but a later build like Geist Force or HOMM III for example but I think it'll be a new release. Gorka Morka perhaps? it'd be amazing if it was something like Gun Beat or Chakan 8-)

As you can tell I am very excited about this so I really hope it isn't a Hentai game! :D

Dee Dee Planet is still my first thought as it is confirmed to exist and I think a collector does own a copy somewhere in the world.

If I could wish for one game I would love it to be my personal grail Gun Valkyrie I was so gutted when it was canned :(

dark
Leonard Nimoy

Post#18 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:15 am

Dee Dee Planet would be amazing. Sega of America had a room (as of 2008) in which they stored old games and discs, including final copies and pre-final copies. They uploaded images to their flickr, which you can look through here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/segaameri ... 602243465/

Here's a zoomed in version of one of the photos that shows a jewelcase with "Dee Dee Planet" on the spine. So presumably, there is at least one disc of Dee Dee Planet that still existed as of 2008... and it was in Sega of America's archive room. Maybe they can release it on a dreamcast mini one day like Star Fox 2.

dee dee planet.jpg

mstar
letterbomb

Post#19 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:56 am

Looking at the other cases - "Crazy Taxy" and "Deth Crimzon"? Like, really? Not sure what to make of that, but my best guess those guys would know how to spell those *scratcheshead*

dark
Leonard Nimoy

Post#20 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:38 pm

I dunno many of these games were made in Japan, the discs were probably sent over from SOJ to SOA. The Japanese are used to spelling out the name in katakana, I've seen smart Japanese people misspell stuff when writing it in roman letters. The pics are legitimate and not just someone's random or fake collection, as they were uploaded by SOA themselves.

Return to “Lounge”