Dreamcast Beta Confirm / Debunk List

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Dreamcast Beta Confirm / Debunk List

Post#21 » Sun May 22, 2022 6:36 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
dubcity wrote:EA didn't publish any games for the system so not surprising.

It seems as though they weren't 100% against it but nothing ever actually happened obviously. There's a rumor that Urbz: Sims in the City started out as game for PC and Dreamcast but websites that state this don't cite any sources. I'm trying to see if I can confirm this. I managed to contact the producer who said he didn't recall anything about a Dreamcast version but admitted his memory is a bit fuzzy. I'm waiting to hear from others.

Good luck. Maybe something comes out of that. More than likely not tho.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#22 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:15 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
dubcity wrote:EA didn't publish any games for the system so not surprising.

It seems as though they weren't 100% against it but nothing ever actually happened obviously. There's a rumor that Urbz: Sims in the City started out as game for PC and Dreamcast but websites that state this don't cite any sources. I'm trying to see if I can confirm this. I managed to contact the producer who said he didn't recall anything about a Dreamcast version but admitted his memory is a bit fuzzy. I'm waiting to hear from others.

I was wondering if you ever inquired to anyone from kallusto about vip on dc and gt interactive with disc world noir.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#23 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:36 am

I know there no mention off Tony Hawks 3 on here. I'm aware off the history book quote. I just cannot believe Tony Hawks 3 was never made or made a cheap PS1 port. Wow Sega couldn't wait another year could yah!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#24 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:31 am

Update! Added info on Dogs of War and Conflict: Desert Storm. Neither were running on Dreamcast at any point.

Dogs of War was intended to be ported to Dreamcast once the PC version was completed but plans were scrapped.

There were no plans to put Conflict: Desert Storm on Dreamcast. Not sure how this got put on a list of cancelled Dreamcast games in the first place.

cloofoofoo wrote:I was wondering if you ever inquired to anyone from kallusto about vip on dc and gt interactive with disc world noir.

I haven't checked into either of those yet. Seeing as VIP is a notoriously bad game, it's not on the top of my list. :lol:

Dirge Of Ram wrote:I know there no mention off Tony Hawks 3 on here. I'm aware off the history book quote. I just cannot believe Tony Hawks 3 was never made or made a cheap PS1 port.

I'm actually looking into THPS3 currently. I will update if I learn anything.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#25 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:58 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:Update! Added info on Dogs of War and Conflict: Desert Storm. Neither were running on Dreamcast at any point.

Dogs of War was intended to be ported to Dreamcast once the PC version was completed but plans were scrapped.

There were no plans to put Conflict: Desert Storm on Dreamcast. Not sure how this got put on a list of cancelled Dreamcast games in the first place.

cloofoofoo wrote:I was wondering if you ever inquired to anyone from kallusto about vip on dc and gt interactive with disc world noir.

I haven't checked into either of those yet. Seeing as VIP is a notoriously bad game, it's not on the top of my list. :lol:

Dirge Of Ram wrote:I know there no mention off Tony Hawks 3 on here. I'm aware off the history book quote. I just cannot believe Tony Hawks 3 was never made or made a cheap PS1 port.

I'm actually looking into THPS3 currently. I will update if I learn anything.

Yes its a shitty game but it isnt all that bad looking, i never got the sense kalisto pushed the dc all that well. I was just curious how they would perform if they got to develop this game. Disc world noir is just a personal favorite, gutted they never had a chance to release on dc due to crappy publisher.

I guess if anything i should have asked you about grand prix on dc. I remember hasbro spoke to ign about grand prix not knowing if it would be named 4 or 3. I wonder how far they got.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#26 » Mon May 23, 2022 11:32 am

Any real news on THPS3 be great. I fully beaten that game on PS1 gotten every GAP done to get Wolverine. End of the day I would still be playing today sure got 2 but that Revert button!

I do wish WWF Smackdown 2 came to the Dreamcast.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#27 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:18 pm

Got some info on a tower defense / puzzle game called Fortris / Fortress by Promethean Designs. The game was in development for PC and Dreamcast early on until the publisher, Majesco, decided to yank the project from them and move to a different developer and platform. The game ultimately ended up being released exclusively for GBA. The interesting thing is that the GBA game is very different from what Promethean was working on. Their version was 3D and not 2D. Although interestingly enough, the project was with another developer even before Promethean and it was 2D then as well. So it went from 2D to 3D and back to 2D again. lol

Anyway, below is a screenshot of the PC version that was sent to me by one of the programmers. He believes a Dreamcast version does exist, but it wasn't worked on until after he left the company. He's trying to contact the lead programmer to get more info.

In case anyone is wondering, the screenshots on IGN are from the original pre-Promethean version of the game.

Fortris.png
PSO Characters:

Loloretro
chill

Post#28 » Sun May 29, 2022 4:11 pm

Far Nation : "I never saw Farnation. I remember there was a prototype in our office, but it was kept very secret and only a handful of people saw it." (source, a former Sega US employee).

“It was an MMO from a Korean company SOJ was working with. They wanted to take advantage of the online element of the Dreamcast, but I'm pretty sure it was similar / close to what PSO was going to do, so the project was no further ".

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#29 » Mon May 30, 2022 1:37 pm

Loloretro wrote:Far Nation : "I never saw Farnation. I remember there was a prototype in our office, but it was kept very secret and only a handful of people saw it." (source, a former Sega US employee).

“It was an MMO from a Korean company SOJ was working with. They wanted to take advantage of the online element of the Dreamcast, but I'm pretty sure it was similar / close to what PSO was going to do, so the project was no further ".

Thats pretty cool to know. I wonder what korean mmo company wanted this.

Unrelated though do you have any idea who was behind the cancelled dc game cutaway?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#30 » Mon May 30, 2022 3:11 pm

cloofoofoo wrote:Unrelated though do you have any idea who was behind the cancelled dc game cutaway?

It was being developed by Classified Games which was an offshoot of Conspiracy Entertainment.
PSO Characters: