Daytona USA 2001 Sensitivity/Handling

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
megavolt85
Developer

Re: Daytona USA 2001 Sensitivity/Handling

Post#11 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:10 pm

Sakuragi wrote:Mc2 is detected like a gamepad and not a wheel, by default it is not very sensitive.

MC2 has a mode switch, it can work both as a joystick and as a steering wheel

Sakuragi
rebel

Post#12 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:29 pm

The Ferrari can Switch but not the mc2 or I missed something. How do you Switch from wheel to pad ? Button is for the accudrive.

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post#13 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:51 pm

Daytona 2001 has faster deceleration physics than the original coin-op Daytona (or the original Saturn and later 360/PS3 releases). A lot of the advanced drift techniques from the original either have to be modified or do not work at all on Daytona 2001.
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

megavolt85
Developer

Post#14 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:08 am

Sakuragi wrote:The Ferrari can Switch but not the mc2 or I missed something. How do you Switch from wheel to pad ? Button is for the accudrive.

the mode switch is located near the DB9 connector for connecting pedals

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#15 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:23 pm

Sakuragi wrote:I Never had the official wheel in hand, how is the dead zone/band on this game with this wheel ? With the Ferrari and Mad Catz Mc2 it's huge but with the later you can correct this. Mc2 is detected like a gamepad and not a wheel, by default it is not very sensitive. Did you Know that you can play Alien Front Online with the official wheel ? You have to select the last configuration in the option menu.

Obviously playing without the deadzone is ideal, and I haven't played it much with the deadzone enabled, but from what I played it wasn't too much of an issue. I guess it says something that people almost unanimously recommend a wheel for this game, despite the deadzone on so many wheels. I think the worst game I've played with the deadzone is Sega Rally 2, where you're just constantly snaking around and it's impossible to control.
megavolt85 wrote:the mode switch is located near the DB9 connector for connecting pedals

From what I understand, this was only on a select version of the MC2 - I know that mine for example didn't have this switch.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#16 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:02 pm

That's weird about the mc2 mode switch. Is it a region thing?

mc2-mode-switch.jpg
mc2 mode switch
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Sakuragi
rebel

Post#17 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:34 pm

Interesting I have two french pal MC2 and both didn't have this Switch.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#18 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:24 am

I would never have thought that there are different versions of MC2.
I have a mode switch on my steering wheel.

Sakuragi
rebel

Post#19 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:06 am

Mine is like this

I don't know for yours but sometime my mc2 disconnect and reconnect very fast when I m playing, I have this with both I own. Changing the port where I connect them change nothing, only tried on my Dreamcast with Gdemu and not modified power supply. Wonder if the problem can come from there ?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#20 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:54 am

I have no problems reconnecting.
P.S. i checked how the pedals work, unfortunately they do not use additional analog axles, instead they use the same axles as the paddles on the steering wheel