Dreamcast Beta Confirm / Debunk List

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Re: Dreamcast Beta Confirm / Debunk List

Post#111 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:53 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:So I recently read the Dreamcast Junkyard article on Title Defense and decided to do some digging. Managed to get in contact with a dev who requested to remain anonymous. Sadly it seems the "game" was never really a game at all, it was a PC tech demo that was shopped around to various publishers, none of whom were willing to take the risk on it. I sent all the info to Tom so he'll probably include a lot of it in a follow-up.

Here's a screenshot the dev sent me which has never been released. It's from a later build than any of the ones that are currently out there. It definitely looks more polished here.

TD.jpg

Thats from climax. Mind asking them about stunt driving/racing. Supposedly another game they were considering on the dreamcast . Was it also a pc demo or was it running on hardware?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#112 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:37 am

cloofoofoo wrote:Thats from climax. Mind asking them about stunt driving/racing. Supposedly another game they were considering on the dreamcast . Was it also a pc demo or was it running on hardware?

He said all the games in the DC-UK magazine existed in some form or another. He said he'll try and dig up whatever info he can but if he remembers correctly, Stunt Driver was a PC demo that was pitched for Dreamcast as well as some other next-gen platforms at the time.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#113 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:28 am

A couple more to cross off the list:

Woody Woodpecker: Escape from Buzz Buzzard Park

Unfortunately, this is a mistake. Nothing was ever planned for a Dreamcast version of Woody.

Dark Earth

As a studio Kalisto was pretty supportive of the Dreamcast. Ideas for potential Dark Earth games on Dreamcast were discussed internally but, as far I can remember, never reached any kind of prototyping stage.
PSO Characters:

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#114 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:10 pm

@pcwzrd13 see if you can get bitmap bureau to release this one

https://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/ ... rding.html

Leyenda03
shadow

Post#115 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:16 am

Any news from Legend of the Blademasters! ?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#116 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:21 pm

Looks like there was a Scooby Doo game planned for Dreamcast at one point. I was talking to a dev from Heavy Iron Studios (Evil Dead: Hail to the King devs) and he told me they had a Scooby Doo game in development for PS1 which they planned to port to Dreamcast once completed. Sadly it was cancelled altogether so it didn't get released on either platform. He's going to try and get some more details on it for me so I'll update if I get anything new.

...while we were working on evil dead , there was a game for scooby a team was working on for ps1, which got cancelled. I think the plan was to port it to dc - but because of the cancelling that was that. We laid off half the study and reorganized to focus on scooby Soo for ps2, GameCube and Xbox a year later.
PSO Characters:

bingobongo
minority

Post#117 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:23 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:A couple more to cross off the list:

Unfortunately, this is a mistake. Nothing was ever planned for a Dreamcast version of Woody.

Dark Earth

As a studio Kalisto was pretty supportive of the Dreamcast. Ideas for potential Dark Earth games on Dreamcast were discussed internally but, as far I can remember, never reached any kind of prototyping stage.

So what exactly is the video of the Dreamcast version of Woody Woodpecker that was posted not that long ago?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#118 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:13 am

bingobongo wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:A couple more to cross off the list:

So what exactly is the video of the Dreamcast version of Woody Woodpecker that was posted not that long ago?

Different game. That's Woody Woodpecker Racing.
PSO Characters:

bingobongo
minority

Post#119 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:53 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

That's some serious optimism, trying to get funding for a sequel to a game that still hadn't even been released - and then wasn't released.

The games industry certainly has it's fair share of head-scratching moments.