PSO V2 Single Player

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Roareye
Rank 9

Re: PSO V2 Single Player

Post#31 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:26 pm

I downloaded the DC Ives Pack 2.0 but all three say US in the file names. I'm guessing it doesn't matter? I'm going from PAL Dreamcast to JAP game, I'm guessing the disc will still work?
Do I go with PSOV2_US_R2 or PSOV2_US_R2_EP?

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#32 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:10 pm

so, what you've downloaded appear to be Ives custom discs, which are stand alone. E.G. boot-disc + game disc, all in one. they load faster, auto-connect to the sylverant servers, have improved music tracks, and some other advantages over the original discs that i cant remember off the top of my head.
Is there some reason why you insist on using the japanese version? I'm not sure but maybe you can use the serial number/ access key from the game that's coming in the mail with those discs that you downloaded, but I have no idea if SN/AKs are region free.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#33 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:10 pm

That is not the patcher disc.

If you want the patcher disc, you're looking for this link.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#34 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:51 pm

hawkzer0 wrote:so, what you've downloaded appear to be Ives custom discs, which are stand alone. E.G. boot-disc + game disc, all in one. they load faster, auto-connect to the sylverant servers, have improved music tracks, and some other advantages over the original discs that i cant remember off the top of my head.
Is there some reason why you insist on using the japanese version? I'm not sure but maybe you can use the serial number/ access key from the game that's coming in the mail with those discs that you downloaded, but I have no idea if SN/AKs are region free.

Oh cool, so I can just burn that to a disc and play PSO ver2 from there? :)

The only reason I'm hell bent on playing the Japanese edition is I don't want to lose my save, and usually the saves are regional. I don't know if my Japanese game's save will work with a US copy of the game. If it does, I may as well use Ives' custom disc. I'm guessing it fits on a CD?

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#35 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:01 pm

It does fit on a regular cd-r and it does load a lot faster.

I don't know about the saves though. Many the vmu tool app (dream explorer I think) would allow you to change region. You can get that at isozone

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#36 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:04 pm

looks like it doesnt work that way. if you want to still use your character you will have to keep to the same region. just download the link that Bluecrab posted and burn that to a cdr to use with the japanese v2.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#37 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:30 am

In order to use your character with my disc, you need to buy JPv2, convert your JPv1 character to V2 format, and go online with JPv2 one time, which will force you to enter your serials again. Once you've been online once, you can use that character with my disc, but you will have to use the JPv2 disc to take any new characters you create online for the first time, as well.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#38 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:50 am

Awesome :D Glad there's a way to transfer my character, and all it needs is two CD-Rs to be burnt (patcher disc to get JPv2 online, then the Ives disc). I think I'll do that, best of both worlds :)