Dreamcast NOW : What would you like to see in an update?!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Re: Dreamcast NOW : What would you like to see in an update?!

Post#11 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:59 pm

mstar wrote:Big ticket item: BBA support :)

One of these days when more games support the bba it will

Xiden
Developer

Post#12 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:07 pm

It would be cool to see what country everyone is from, via implementing geolocations :)

BLueSS
dark night

Post#13 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:50 pm

.beat time at the top of the page, and then somehow a list of user submitted meet-up times to play games, like the weekly threads here on the site. .beat time, because that's what PSO does for it's clock, and what would be more fitting for a dreamcast world clock? :)

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#14 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:06 pm

^^ this. an option for all times to be displayed in .beat time would be awesome. Maybe something that says what time and/ or what day each user is most active on their info section.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#15 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Also this is a bit different but didn't want to make a new topic for it but could you update it were you don't need to put in that disc for PSO anymore like you did for Maximum Pool with the vmu save. Have it automatically connect to the PSO severs

Xiden
Developer

Post#16 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Sonic1994DC wrote:Also this is a bit different but didn't want to make a new topic for it but could you update it were you don't need to put in that disc for PSO anymore like you did for Maximum Pool with the vmu save. Have it automatically connect to the PSO severs

If you dont mind burning a disc

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... release-2/

Best PSOv2 out there, autoconnects + bug fixes and fast loading :)

Xiden
Developer

Post#17 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Something I was thinking about the other day...

Maybe have some sort of Dreamcast achievement system. Basically give people more achievement points based on how long he/she is on a particular game. Plus we could do special achievements for tournaments or whatever. Something that may help boost more activity for DC online games :)

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#18 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:08 pm

Xiden wrote:Something I was thinking about the other day...

Maybe have some sort of Dreamcast achievement system. Basically give people more achievement points based on how long he/she is on a particular game. Plus we could do special achievements for tournaments or whatever. Something that may help boost more activity for DC online games :)

I like that idea and I'll have to burn that one day

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#19 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:55 pm

I just was thinking of an update, why not have the layout of Dreamcast Now change so it fits the season were currently in

Chael
fire

Post#20 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:08 pm

When i'm using a web browser it shows me playing the last game I played online.

No big deal but it could confuse some people, for example when we are playing Monaco we are checking DC-now to see if someone wants to join since you have to recreate a room to play with them, which would be a waste of time if they are actually on the browser.