Agartha has been found

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Agartha has been found

Post#1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:50 am

Aartha seems to have been found by one user at the assembler forum:https://assemblergames.com/threads/agartha-dreamcast.66487/. uts very early but its running and interactive.Its nice to see how cool it would have been.Dreamcast junk yard talks more about it http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2017/08/playable-demo-of-cancelled-dreamcast.html

Green Ranger
killer

Re: Agartha has been found

Post#2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Heh, you beat me to posting this. :lol:

This is quite awesome though. Yes it's a very early/limited beta, but I would love to play it someday and even take a look at the game's files and see what else I can discover. Seems August 2017 is a good month for beta discoveries- the Silent Hill Origins beta with the RE4 camera style has been released as well, and we finally have a video showcasing footage from the Dreamcast version of Deer Avenger.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm

Green Ranger wrote:and we finally have a video showcasing footage from the Dreamcast version of Deer Avenger.

Wait. Where? I'm not aware of any video.

Edit: Nevermind. I found it.

PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#4 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:06 am

Good thing theres now footage of both game because I seriously doubt they will see the light of day. For agartha the user already confirmed he will not release it. And the deer avenger who knows what will happen to it after its sold.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#5 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:36 am

cloofoofoo wrote:Good thing theres now footage of both game because I seriously doubt they will see the light of day. For agartha the user already confirmed he will not release it. And the deer avenger who knows what will happen to it after its sold.

Seems selfish of the user not to release agartha. I would.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#6 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:20 am

Wrath of Khan wrote:Seems selfish of the user not to release agartha. I would.

He just doesn't want to release it without permission from Frederick Raynal. Technically, without his permission, it would be illegal.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Caspian
core

Post#7 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:14 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Wrath of Khan wrote:Seems selfish of the user not to release agartha. I would.

He just doesn't want to release it without permission from Frederick Raynal. Technically, without his permission, it would be illegal.

Practically, no one except Agartha fans will ever care.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#8 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Agartha? I heard about this game, on youtube a few months ago.
I get a Silent Hill and Syberia feel, from looking at the video footage, and it kinda looks like a blend, of those games too. :o

Sega RPG

Post#9 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:33 am

mmm i dunno why but i do feel this game is really nothing special, not something i would have tried if it was released...

Caspian
core

Post#10 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:49 am

From what was released in the press, this game would have been the closest thing to an open-world video game at the time. Not a small ambition considering the hardware limitations compared to what is available the last few years.