Sonic Adventure Pal Iso

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Sonic Adventure Pal Iso

Post#1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:39 am

Was just wondering if anyone has a Pal version of Sa1? been trying to do the Reebok Dlc for the new rankings however no copy i try have the files still on disk (most rip it out to save space) also tried some gdis and they seem to work on emulators but once i try it on Dreamshell it refuses to show up in station square for some reason. Before i go to the trouble of going through sa1 files and making my own Iso i was just wondering if anybody else has any luck on a copy. Thanks! 8-)

PkR
rebel

Re: Sonic Adventure Pal Iso

Post#2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:58 am

I'm not sure which ripped out files you're referring to. As far as I know, SA1 DLCs have all their data stored on the VMU (two NiGHTS songs on the disk are the only exception), so there aren't any files needed to activate the DLC. I'm certain the DLCs are regionally locked though, but I'm not sure if they're tied to the game's region or the console's region. If it's the latter, you might only be able to enable the Reebok challenge by modding the console itself.

If you're absolutely sure there's a file in SA1 responsible specifically for the Reebok DLC, please do let me know which file it is. I'm interested in reverse engineering SA1 DLCs to recreate them as mods for SADX PC.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#3 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:55 am

there is nights dlc in sonic adventure 1? or do you mean the pinball levels?

PkR
rebel

Post#4 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:09 am

There are 2 NiGHTS-related music tracks on the game CD. I think one of the Christmas DLCs uses one of the songs, the other song may have been used by the "Kadomatsu" DLC that hasn't been found yet.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#5 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:38 am

yeah oddly enough iv only found it through this dx soundtrack https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-so ... ella-2.mp3

as if the dlc itself is in the data i cant be sure, multiple isos iv tried dont show anything on a console and when i try them on a emulator in pal mode nothing shows. But when i try a Gdi in Pal mode on a emulator it shows, however when i play it on dreamshell it refuses to show anything. Im tempted to import a copy of Sa1 as its so cheap on amazon. Also welcome to the forms!

Gary Roberts
noob

Post#6 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:39 am

Thank you very much for the soundtrack! I've been looking for this for a long time.
Yeah, that was a striking victory for me! It seems I need a new home, and maybe even a new auto. All because of vogueplay com au. My victory belongs to this place.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#7 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:59 am

Itsthinking might be related to dreamshell patching the game, just a guess though.

Dreamshell might patch the region string and thus the game won't show it. No idea if that's right but again it's a guess

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#8 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:47 pm

could be. I ordered a copy of the pal version of sa1 to try it out

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#9 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:47 pm

So it is indeed a file located somewhere on the disk that activates the dlc as when i popped in my pal version of SA1 it works perfectly fine, shame that no one then can enjoy this unless you have a pal copy

here it is in action

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#10 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:42 am

Very cool and interesting.