Custom PlanetWeb Browser [WIP]

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Custom PlanetWeb Browser [WIP]

Post#51 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:18 pm

I can confirm it worked with no issue with me. Just took a little while to get used to the interface. Make sure you never torch any button beside a and b. r trigger (or was it l?) tries to take you to another page but fails as you need internet. There is int too much to do as only the main page works and if you try to go to any game pages you cant. Again it was just made for testing purposes :) BTW have you tried my modifications? no need to upload the iso or anything as all i need to know if the new links actually lead to the 3 files i put on the disk. :D

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#52 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:23 pm

here it is folks!
burned to my typical discs lately@16x (Verbatim digital vinyls) on my laptop.

Boots fairly quick and im sure could be better with dummying but this is just a quick test to see if the internet part works.

It loads up to this:

and if you hit the home button....

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#53 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:44 pm

itsthinkingstill wrote:BTW have you tried my modifications? no need to upload the iso or anything as all i need to know if the new links actually lead to the 3 files i put on the disk. :D

https://imgur.com/a/wP72q with explanations and thoughts of what i saw.

short of it: music works, movies dont, nothing else seems different. different bootup screen too i think.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#54 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:17 am

okay thanks! hmmmmm wonder why the sfd does not work. Only replaced three links (why the rest goes to online stuff) good to know the background works too. This eliminates a bunch things for me to think about Thanks! Will send you the next batch when im ready if you dont mind :)

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#55 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:19 am

Yea not a problem. I just gotta figure out an easy way to fix the CDI after it's been made. Until then though just send me updates and I'll generate it.

1nick9
Anarki

Post#56 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:29 am

yeah cdi be handy for ppl without ode. the gdi runs perfect on usb gdrom emu.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#57 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:32 am

If you are speaking about pw3 then yes an unedited (other than the usual stuff+some magic) cdi is posted in the thread here. Be warned it crashes fairly quick though and I don't believe it's my fault (maybe though).

If instead you are asking about DC-Explorer then that too is listed here but you are 100% on your own with that. It can be burned to a CD and booted though.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#58 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:12 am

new update http://www.mediafire.com/file/yxcmyd2mg ... OWSER2.zip

Has two sfd movies to test (realized i made a spelling mistake in the files lol) also threw in a netlink html as a test to see if it loads other htm files. Just want to make sure these three things and if both sfds have sound (made one myself and one is from a game) thanks

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#59 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:21 am

Yup I'll test in a couple of hours. I have a test this morning but after I'll check it

Xiden
Developer

Post#60 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:57 am

itsthinkingstill wrote:Home page done and links changed
HOME.gif

Email me those buttons, I'll beautify them for you.