Custom PlanetWeb Browser [WIP]

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Custom PlanetWeb Browser [WIP]

Post#61 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:22 pm

Xiden wrote:
itsthinkingstill wrote:Home page done and links changed
HOME.gif

Email me those buttons, I'll beautify them for you.

You mean these?
emptey.jpg
emptey.jpg (28.52 KiB) Viewed 7982 times

SECONDARY_M.JPG
SECONDARY_M.JPG (24.88 KiB) Viewed 7982 times

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#62 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:28 pm

what button plays the movie now? movies takes me to a saturn netlink page

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#63 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:59 pm

hmmm, do you mean all the movies take you the netlink page i threw in or do some take you to the movies themselves? this is what the code looks like when replaced a few links so there should at the very least 2 of the links on the main page should redirect to a movie :D
<area shape="rect" coords="133,376,225,409" href="hlp_content.htm">
<area shape="rect" coords="33,376,126,409" href="earthlink.htm">
<area shape="rect" coords="246,268,389,327" href="file://test1.sfd">
<area shape="rect" coords="339,182,484,242" href="file://test2.mp3">
<area shape="rect" coords="152,182,296,242" href="file://test4.Sfd">
<area shape="rect" coords="339,96,484,156" href="file://NETLINK.HTM"">
<area shape="rect" coords="152,96,296,156" href="file://test4.Sfd">

EDIT: Also could you just take a picture or two of it in action or what the netlink page loos like? sorry for asking you to do all this work :?

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#64 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:22 pm

i cant get the videos to play but removing "file://" inn front of the mp3 works (i believe it was working before too)

something is off with your sfds. i was able to replace them with tiny original ones (800kb) and they played near instantly and without issue. hmm how are you making them? also 47mb seems quite large but it should work

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#65 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Thats very interesting, well at least we know sfds can play off the disk. test1 sfd is a sfd taken right from sonic adventure and test4 is one i made. I took a video and made it 320 by 240 and really lowered the bit rate for video and audio and then used PES video converter to make them sfd's. Maybe you have got a better way to make sfds (would love to hear it!) just looked and test1 is very large but test 4 is quite small. Maybe you should replace test1 with this and see if it works
http://dreampipe.net/vid/ad/sadv.sfd
It be a shame if the s mb restriction is for on disk too :( aslo just to clarify when you put your own sfds on it and they worked did you alter any if the html? (like the file://?

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#66 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:16 pm

thats the same sfd i tested with haha! i picked that one and bestbuy.sfd.

i just changed it [src="sadv.sfd"] no file in front, i believe you could but it would have to be [src="file://PWBROWSER/sadv.sfd"] which isnt a problem, just something to keep in mind.

thE rZA
dark night

Post#67 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:06 am

Hey itsthinkingstill.

I have a original Browser 2.6. If I rip it /w Dreamshell and start it /w dreamshell (GDI) I got a black screen.

Did you hacked something in 1st_read.bin or something like that?

I also hacked around with Dreamkey 1.5. SFD plays. AXD not. 1st_read.bin plays START.ADX at the beginning. But if I link a .../proc/adx/pdwww/start.adx it doesn't seem to work. Player window comes up. I can press play. But no sound. Even the "hidden" test site (model, sfd, adx, vmu pics and scrollers etc.) doesn't plays the start.asx or another .adx. All other demo stuff works.
BTW: Dreamkey 1.5 works great as SDISO (~70MB).

Ideas welcome ;)
My DC online games: Alien Front Online US,ChuChu Rocket EU,Monaco Grand Prix 2 EU,Planet Ring EU,PSO v1.0 US,Toy Racer EU[/align]

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#68 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:45 am

thE rZA wrote:Hey itsthinkingstill.

I have a original Browser 2.6. If I rip it /w Dreamshell and start it /w dreamshell (GDI) I got a black screen.

Did you hacked something in 1st_read.bin or something like that?

I also hacked around with Dreamkey 1.5. SFD plays. AXD not. 1st_read.bin plays START.ADX at the beginning. But if I link a .../proc/adx/pdwww/start.adx it doesn't seem to work. Player window comes up. I can press play. But no sound. Even the "hidden" test site (model, sfd, adx, vmu pics and scrollers etc.) doesn't plays the start.asx or another .adx. All other demo stuff works.
BTW: Dreamkey 1.5 works great as SDISO (~70MB).

Ideas welcome ;)

Oh sweet you got dreamkey 1.5 bootable! :D I myself have tried countless settings and hacks but have never managed to get get it actually to the title screen :?

thE rZA
dark night

Post#69 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:44 am

DreamKey 1.5 suxx. U can use it as mediasomewhat. It works online, too (DreamPi). But you have to enter every domain of website you want to surf to in a segment called NoProxyPage. Every site outsite this config will call the dreamportal (forgot the real name) proxy! And then the page isn't called up.

How did you get PlanetWeb 2.6 to work? For me it shows nothing except black screen if I use a GDItoDatatoISO repack -- not manual but with a GDI to Data toolchain. DreamKey works with it, PW 2.6 not.
My DC online games: Alien Front Online US,ChuChu Rocket EU,Monaco Grand Prix 2 EU,Planet Ring EU,PSO v1.0 US,Toy Racer EU[/align]

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#70 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:04 pm

I myself have yet to get any planetweb bootable on dreamshell yet. Still trying though so will let you know if i figure anything put