The end of NeoDC is near.... Edited: working on demo collection

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: The end of NeoDC is near.... Edited: working on demo collection

Post#21 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:17 pm

DR TEAMCAST wrote:where's the link to roomania? I've always wanted to play that, great work on doing that, I wanted to try, but could never find a GDI

The GDI (original verified) is fairly easy to find. The CDI on the other hand was near impossible. (I never did find the yzb release) but I found the other 2 (HYKAN and MGRISO) after weeks of searching the asshole of the internet. But both have issues (one is 90 minutes and the other freezes on title). So that lead to making the NeoDC release (and finding a couple people with old knowledge)

Someone posted a link. That's where the stuff goes (except the demo collection, been too busy to make a post there, I do it tonight and release the 3rd and 4th disc)

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#22 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:57 pm

@mrneo240 - any chance you could make a CDI of NBA Showtime with VGA support and CDDA? The old cdi on TiZ (which seems to have vanished) had no CDDA and used to crash on me. Thanks!!
aka DavidHK on DC games.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#23 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:44 am

dave_van_damn wrote:@mrneo240 - any chance you could make a CDI of NBA Showtime with VGA support and CDDA? The old cdi on TiZ (which seems to have vanished) had no CDDA and used to crash on me. Thanks!!

i sent you a pm.

generally im not up for making a release if there is no problem with another release. its about winning the race not improving.

if the echelon release from 17 years ago works then the race is lost and theres no point.

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#24 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:06 pm

mrneo240 wrote:
dave_van_damn wrote:@mrneo240 - any chance you could make a CDI of NBA Showtime with VGA support and CDDA? The old cdi on TiZ (which seems to have vanished) had no CDDA and used to crash on me. Thanks!!

i sent you a pm.

generally im not up for making a release if there is no problem with another release. its about winning the race not improving.

if the echelon release from 17 years ago works then the race is lost and theres no point.

I didn't receive a pm! :mrgreen:

Fair enough, I just figured the echelon release was really crappy and therefore it could be improved on. Especially since you did Monaco 2 which I thought had already been done before.
aka DavidHK on DC games.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#25 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:32 am

The pal on-line version had never been done.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#26 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:51 am

mrneo240 wrote:if the echelon release from 17 years ago works then the race is lost and theres no point.

Echelons Kalistos DCP all ancient no optimizations they will trash your drive , works sure against Dreamcasts :idea:

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#27 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am

mistamontiel wrote:
mrneo240 wrote:if the echelon release from 17 years ago works then the race is lost and theres no point.

Echelons Kalistos DCP all ancient no optimizations they will trash your drive , works sure against Dreamcasts :idea:

Literally just fear mongering.

Please provide proof.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#28 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:41 am

I hate to add another recommendation but do you think you could rework you release of SA2 to include the web browser intact? With the online features becoming more popular iv had a few people ask where they can download a iso with the browser intact. I myself made a iso with it about a year back however that was the pal release so unless you run it in vga it will run in 50 hrz, which has caused some people some grief. Also maybe to future proof it maybe you could also keep the unused world ranking assets? I think your older release already kept these intact but just to be on the safe side as maybe one day this feature could be made variable. To make your life easier i could send you my hacked version of the browser files (not the iso) that automatically redirects it to the Dreampipe site, so their is no redirection issues. I know SA2 is a pain when it comes to fitting it on a cd but if you could that be great as i have tried for several months to get the ntsc version to boot with it and so far no luck

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#29 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 am

DCres has done a split CD release and that seems to be the second best option (first being original disc or gdi files). The game just barely fits on a disc as is and adding back the browser would mean cutting stuff.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#30 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:50 am

Iv sadly never been able to successfully hack that to boot the browser correctly, after selecting the browser feature it goes black and kicks you back to the dashboard