Fiddling around: ADX

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Fiddling around: ADX

Post#11 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:19 am

thE rZA wrote:Hey ppl.

I'm messing around with extracting data from my original GDIs -- track03 mostly.For my own pleasure and learning. Crazy Taxi for example.

If I extracting ADX and convert it with ADX2MP3 it seems that this is not the whole track anymore. Not the full lenght. The singing is aborted surprisingly.

It has to do with ADX loop points maybe. Or maybe not. I don't know...

Do you guys tell me something about that?

And: What does "dummied" mean in some posts here in the beloved forum?

Hopefully your just putting more Offspring in there 8-)

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#12 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:26 am

this isnt relevant. SORRY! but heres updated tool for something completely different regarding dc game music.

cdda tools v3. extract audio from cdi and encode to FLAC if you want. very small (but sadly getting bigger every release)

No warranty, might not work. Should be working great though! bring suggestions if you have any.
Attachments
neo_cdda_tools_v003.7z
(44.83 KiB) Downloaded 289 times

thE rZA
dark night

Post#13 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:07 am

Ok. "Dummied" means fill up space for inner ring of CD. Got it.
My DC online games: Alien Front Online US,ChuChu Rocket EU,Monaco Grand Prix 2 EU,Planet Ring EU,PSO v1.0 US,Toy Racer EU[/align]

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#14 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:34 am

thE rZA wrote:Ok. "Dummied" means fill up space for inner ring of CD. Got it.

Typically yes, also has different meanings based on context.

For the AFS repack I mentioned we chose a very small but valid file to replace some much longer tracks with. That essentially"dummied" the file because it was there and existed but didn't contain much if any data 40kb vs 5mb.

For making images of games dummying means if the game files only take up 300mb you make a very large empty file that is 400mb to push the game files toward the edge of the disc. This increases performance and reduces seek times leading to smoother gameplay and quicker loading.

thE rZA
dark night

Post#15 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:25 am

itsthinkingstill wrote:
Hopefully your just putting more Offspring in there 8-)

Don't know what I could do more with it.

What I'm interested in: How this loop point thingy works. Have to read more about ADX files...
My DC online games: Alien Front Online US,ChuChu Rocket EU,Monaco Grand Prix 2 EU,Planet Ring EU,PSO v1.0 US,Toy Racer EU[/align]

thE rZA
dark night

Post#16 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:17 am

There seems to be a tool called ADX loop calculator. Dunno how it works. It loops how often? And what about the start-n times loop-ending thingy?

Dunno. Will give a try. As always.

Return to “Lounge”