Japanese "Dreamcast" Candy

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Nz17
St.Jimmy

Japanese "Dreamcast" Candy

Post#1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 am

Sure, it's not officially deemed SEGA Dreamcast candy - however, it sure unofficially looks the part with that orange swirl!
IMG_20171230_054700.jpg
IMG_20171230_054700.jpg (446.56 KiB) Viewed 6351 times

In case you are wondering, it's really a rock-paper-scissors candy, or as the Japanese call it, Jan-Ken-Pon. It has a long tail (the swirl) and includes either a rock-hand-shaped, paper-hand-shaped, or scissors-hand-shaped head on the other end which is hidden in the opaque part of the packaging in order to provide a surprise. You could even use two of them to decide a RPS battle! It also contains a "present," an extra piece of candy shaped like a six-pointed star. The candies themselves are root-beer-flavored gummy candies.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: Japanese "Dreamcast" Candy

Post#2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Pretty cool. To bad it's root beer flavor. Lol

beanboy
Wazza

Post#3 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:16 pm

Wow! That candy looks really interesting.

Wait......Root beer flavoured candies? :shock:
My kinda snack! 8-)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:26 pm

No offense man, but why are you going through almost every single dead thread and necrobumping them?

beanboy
Wazza

Post#5 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:36 pm

Anthony817 wrote:No offense man, but why are you going through almost every single dead thread and necrobumping them?

Oh sorry about that. I have been doing some research, on some rare dreamcast games, on the internet and these dreamcast talk topics, pop up too. Some of these rare games, I found on youtube, like for example, the Agartha game and the cancelled Castlevania game. So instead of making a new topic on it, I decided to post in the old ones.

But this topic concerning the candy, is a different case. Because I literally surprised, to see this on this forum.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:50 pm

All good, I guess since you have recently returned to the system it is also like sensory overload for you hehe. I remember when I discovered the DC could do so much more than I ever knew before in 2002 when I had my original system. Been in the community since 2008 when I emulated the system on PC via NullDC, and got another system in 2009 and been here ever since.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:46 am

Anthony817 wrote:All good, I guess since you have recently returned to the system it is also like sensory overload for you hehe. I remember when I discovered the DC could do so much more than I ever knew before in 2002 when I had my original system. Been in the community since 2008 when I emulated the system on PC via NullDC, and got another system in 2009 and been here ever since.

Yeah, no worries dude.
I guess what you wrote above, kinda describes me too.

Only recently, I discovered a whole lot of games on the dreamcast, I didn't even know existed. It's like searching for gold, and you discover a treasure trove. It's very exciting. Then I rediscovered, that Darkstalkers and Fighting Vipers 2, were on the dreamcast. And I was like wooah, how did I forget that.

So you've been a member since 2008? That is really cool. I should have joined this cool site years ago. And yeah, in my case, my first emulator was NullDC too. I used that on my laptop. Now I use reicast on android tablet. I also plan on getting back, a new dreamcast soon, especially since a good amount of games, are back online. Monaco Grand Prix. That says it all. 8-)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:57 am

beanboy wrote:So you've been a member since 2008? That is really cool. I should have joined this cool site years ago.

2009 here, but I used to lurk at a place called DCISOZONE back in 2008, registered in 2009, became a modorator in 2010 and uploaded over 100 games and files for the DC and a few other systems like PG Xbox and PSP.

But yeah, never knew it could do any of this stuff back when the system was still new. I only discovered all of it back in 2008 or so.