Introduce a friend

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Introduce a friend

Post#1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Greetings all,
I have been a Dreamcast user since its launch and have played it with many friends over the years. But now that many of the Dreamcast games are back online I am trying to get some of my friends interested in DC online again. realistically I know 2 people who would want to play online. One being my girlfriends brother. He already has a Pi and Dreamcast so I will give him an LVI and possible modem when I get back. The other; we often play DC and Mega Drive when im back home but im not sure how much convincing it would take for him to invest in a DreamPi setup. He was an avid PSO user back in the day so would just need a gentle nudge to play that again.

Theoretically if everyone successfully introduced one friend to online Dreamcast, this would double to user base.

Has anyone else introduced any friends to online Dreamcast? What are your stories?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: Introduce a friend

Post#2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:41 pm

i am planning on talking toa guy i know at work whom is a gamer and has a snes mini....so he mightentertain the thought of a dc with dreampi..other than that....not sure.....but i do have a feeling if shu is able to getthe sports games online...i think dc players will come out ofthe wood works to play again

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#3 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Yes! I brought 4 or 5 friends, I wish I could do more!
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

mr_everdread
undertow

Post#4 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:59 pm

My friends think I'm weird for still playing Dreamcast... And maybe they're right.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#5 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:10 pm

I know one guy at work who is a dreamcast fan as well. But he doesn't seam interested at playing online. :(

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#6 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:17 pm

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:I know one guy at work who is a dreamcast fan as well. But he doesn't seam interested at playing online. :(

I can't understand why anyone who plays the Dreamcast wouldnt be interested in playing online, especially now that you dohnt need to use your actual phone line.

Has he seen your setup in action?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#7 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:20 pm

Anonymouse wrote:I can't understand why anyone who plays the Dreamcast wouldnt be interested in playing online, especially now that you dohnt need to use your actual phone line.

Has he seen your setup in action?

I've invited him over. And he has asked about the dreampi. But that's it... :(

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#8 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:02 pm

If anyone requires a good game to introduce new players to Dreamcast's multiplayer and/or online, then there is no better game than ChuChu Rocket!. It seems to entertain both "casual" and "core" players with ease.

First, get copies of CCR for their phones/tablets - there's a good official port for Android that runs well even on old smartphones. Then once they are playing that, get them to play DC offline in a multiplayer party setting. After a few gaming parties, mention that they can play it online with you and others. Then when a holiday shows up, buy them a Dreamcast, DreamPi, and a copy of CCR, and offer to set up everything for them.

Bwa ha ha ha hah!

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#9 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 am

I really enjoyed the puzzle aspect of Chu Chu Rocket on the iPad. I havent played the game online since it was originally out - isnt there a delay when placing the arrows on the online mode? I remember this being very annoying.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#10 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:26 am

I don't really notice a delay online. Maybe over old dial up there could have been. But it is an awesome game.