dreamcast sdk release 9 disc

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
BloodBrother
core

dreamcast sdk release 9 disc

Post#1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Good evening, i have an oppurtunity to buy a dev kit disc off of an ex sega employee. I was curious if this has any value at all, what with everything already being on the net, does $75 seem a bit much for this? I honeslty have no clue, but i dont want to pass this up if there is a chance that it is valuable. Any info would be appreicated, thanks.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Re: dreamcast sdk release 9 disc

Post#2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:40 pm

Does it need special hardware? It might be worth it if it is an unreleased (A.K.A. not on the 'net) version of the software.

peanut_unlimited
lithium

Post#3 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:28 am

Potentially sounds like a reasonable price, as Nz17 mentioned, depending on what the requirements are and what the disc actually contains. Any more dev knowledge / info would always be encourage, assuming you would make it available!!

Shuouma
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:25 pm

The SDK v9 is already out there. But that being said, having the legit copy of the disc is nice.

BloodBrother
core

Post#5 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:04 pm

Thank you for that Shuouma, tried hunting on the net for info, couldnt find any. I missed out on the oppurtunity to get it, someone else got to it before me. But knowing now it isnt too special makes it ok. Still tho, that would have been cool to own.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.