I need help with buying a Dreamcast...

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Booski62005
noob

I need help with buying a Dreamcast...

Post#1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 am

I'm not very smart when it comes to the Dreamcast so I thought I should ask you people. I've noticed MOST Dreamcast listings are $50-60 on Ebay but I was looking at a $90 listing with certain upgrades (https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEGA-Dreamcast ... cDkzD6JKwQ) and I was wondering if that was worth it. I also need recommendations on games, as I currently am only thinking about purchasing PSO,(I'm thinking about getting both V1 & V2 for reasons.) Crazy Taxi, and Jet Set Radio (the name Jet Grind Radio sounds stupid to me).

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Re: I need help with buying a Dreamcast...

Post#2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:13 am

You might want to just download the PSO Ver 2 that's already prepatched to connect to Sylverant server. Other wise you gotta use a boot disc first before starting up PSO. You can find it over at isozone.com

Make sure also it's a Dreamcast that can run burned CD's. Even if you don't intend on burning games...it's nice to be able to run homebrew tools like Dream Explorer.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:20 am

TiZ just has the enhanced one which is more ultimate than ultimate

Buy PSOv2 but make sure the SNAK (serial number+access key) sticker is on the case beneath where the disc sits. Maybe some kid would peel that shit off

Then you can uTorrent for IVES PSOv2 @ http://psopalace.sylverant.net with nice JVC Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs

EDIT: Noticed your first post, welcome! Getting a browser disc is not all that download and burn XDPr4 to fake up your dial-up ISP

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#4 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:36 am

Really? The one from TiZ I got has higher quality audio than the actual Dreamcast release as well. Plus having it prepatched to just connect to the private server is a nice touch. Saves alot of disc swapping everytime you want to play. The IVES PSO v2 is on Isozone btw. That's what I was referring to.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:59 am

It's IVES PSOv2 EP (enhanced) that's on TiZ, better drops in ultimate difficulty but you will suffer for it, the freeplay monsters are harder tenfold shit you can't fuck with until you're like in level 140s

All the other ones on TiZ are out-of-date

If you're not able to torrent Booski I can up it to my Mediafire

Yes, buy a PSOv2 SNAK and BURN IVES PSOv2! Your Dreamcast drive will love you for it, highly optimized since on the real thing on the GD-ROM it grinds and grinds so hard just to load one character and for all else really

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#6 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:03 am

Good to know.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#7 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:38 pm

A cleaned console that is tested would be nice. The replaceable battery is awesome. But the new cables I don't care for. I feel factory Sega cables would be better quality then the new 3rd cables. At least for av cables.

Go with the Ives optimized pso game. It is so much better. But you still need the serial/access keys.

I've never noticed that these had bad audio?

Booski62005
noob

Post#8 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:01 am

mistamontiel wrote:TiZ just has the enhanced one which is more ultimate than ultimate

Buy PSOv2 but make sure the SNAK (serial number+access key) sticker is on the case beneath where the disc sits. Maybe some kid would peel that shit off

Then you can uTorrent for IVES PSOv2 @ http://psopalace.sylverant.net with nice JVC Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs

EDIT: Noticed your first post, welcome! Getting a browser disc is not all that download and burn XDPr4 to fake up your dial-up ISP

I don't know much about Dreamcast yet, what is TiZ?

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#9 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:23 am

TiZ is theisozone.com