Shenmue I and II Remastered

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Re: Shenmue I and II Remastered

Post#11 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:56 pm

About the Mega Drive Mini, it's been recently revealed that it's going to be made by AtGames, which have been making Mega Drive clone consoles for years...which still doesn't mean they're good at it. The Genesis Flashback is...okay I guess, but that's probably their best clone console.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#12 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:39 am

AtGames products are inexcusable garbage. I've been able to emulate Megasis games almost flawlessly on my PC for 15 years, and they still can't get it right. Their systems have terrible sound emulation and are full of bugs, and nobody should give them any money for the trash they sell.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

SomeGuyWithASega
photon blast

Post#13 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 am

Fair point. There's no reason their machines shouldn't emulate Genesis games well. It's also laughable that they just now got the emulation part right with the Genesis Flashback. The UI was the big issue with that console, it was very clunky and hard to use, so still not a replacement for an original console.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#14 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:34 am

I hope this remaster means we'll be able to use the save game for Shenmue 3 :)

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#15 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:57 pm

Simplebit wrote:sadly Shenmue 3 is not related to Sega any more, even the publisher is Deep Silver

I think its a long complicated situation.

Suzuki has said that Sega is helping him and many ways with the Development though i think that's mostly the Sega of Japan division. While it is strange that Deep Silver is filling the Bill we have to remember that they in Europe Publish most of Sega games so i kinda comes full circle in the end

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#16 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:16 pm

I have no interest in the Mega Drive Mini or whatever it's called. Emulator machines cost money when emulating on PC is free. I'd rather play the original hardware, but if you wanna emulate why pay for a poor imitation?

AtGames would need to pull a miracle out of their backside to make up for a decade of poor plug n' play Mega Drives.

dreamcast ™
undertow

Post#17 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Additional details, including price: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUP7s3bjVZ0 .