Pound Technology here to offer an HDMI solution for the Dreamcast!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Pound Technology
rebel

Re: Pound Technology here to offer an HDMI solution for the Dreamcast!

Post#11 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Anonymouse wrote:Have you thought about a megadrive or saturn HDMI cable. Id buy them too

Yeah we're considering it!

Pound Technology
rebel

Post#12 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:14 pm

TuxTheWise wrote:Great to see new stuff appearing for Dreamcast! Great work!

Pound Technology wrote:Yeah, we're still waiting for Amazon to approve it for international shipping.

Well, in case anyone is interested to buy it overseas, shipito.com offers a great service, I've been a consumer of them for years.

Never heard of that service, might start recommending it if it never gets approved for international orders!

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#13 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:11 am

If I PayPaled someone the money in the USA, would anyone be willing to send it to UK? It would be ideal if it was someone else wanting to buy one at the same time in order to save on the initial postage to their house.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

TuxTheWise
Dreamcast Addicted

Post#14 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:53 am

Pound Technology wrote:Never heard of that service, might start recommending it if it never gets approved for international orders!

They are trustworthy, let you fill the customs form yourself, charge something like $2 for the service and offer several shipping methods (ex: people can pay more for fedex and have their packages within a week). I highly recommend it.
- Check Dreamcast-Talk Downloads Index and help uploading games too!

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#15 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:03 pm

I'd be very interested in a Genesis/Saturn HDMI cable that tapped into the RGB of both consoles. However, I dunno how many TV's would display those resolutions over HDMI. That could be the big issue with those.

Pound Technology
rebel

Post#16 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:42 pm

We're looking for ways to trick modern TVs that aren't compatible with 240p into accepting a signal. We have a few following leads but nothing we're willing to launch with yet without further testing.

If you're interested, consider following us on Facebook, we post all of our new product updates there and if we do release a Saturn cable, that's where it'll go up first!

https://www.facebook.com/PoundTech/

Roel
Developer

Post#17 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:04 am

Pound Technology wrote:If you're interested, consider following us on Facebook, we post all of our new product updates there and if we do release a Saturn cable, that's where it'll go up first!

I'm more than interested!

Also, incase you do get around to that Mega Drive one, I'd like to request a Neo Geo HDMI cable too. It would be almost identical to the Mega Drive's, so that should be a very simple step. (I know because I once fashioned a Neo Geo RGB cable from a Mega Drive one.)

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#18 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:49 am

Followed you guys on Facebook. I also ordered your Xbox HDMI Cable as well. I'll probably eventually order the DC one as well.

I'm a huge fan on the HD Retrovision componet cables, I currently use those for my Genesis, Saturn, SNES, and PS1 and they are fantasic, but the big draw back is alot of tv's either don't accept 240p over componet, or in the case of Samsung and their higer ends sets...don't even have componet inputs at all.

I purchased a really nice Upscaler that takes care of that for me, but to have a nice HDMI solution that would do the exact same thing as their cables do, would be really nice.

Thmanx
Anarki

Post#19 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Its great to see this all in one DC-AV to HDMI adapter cable. I always knew something like this could be possible now a day with the size and efficiency of current ASICs. A little over a year ago, i found a VGA-HDMI cable online that had a VGA plug, 3.5mm audio, and USB for power. My Dreamcast had an internal VGA/3.5mm Mod on it, so it was basically direct from console to TV. Since the VGA signal is actually part of the DC-AV port, I always imagined someone one day could use a standard DC-AV plug and combine the idea into a single universal solution. (The VGA-HDMI cable used a small chip inside the HDMI plug to do the Analog to Digital conversion, which is why it needed USB power).

Does this new all-in-one cable need external power? or does it run directly from the DC-AV port?

Pound Technology
rebel

Post#20 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Our cable runs directly from the DC-AV port, no external power required! We're trying to make all of our cables capable of that but some systems are easier than others to accomplish. Lucky for us, DC provides solid power.