Pound Technology here to offer an HDMI solution for the Dreamcast!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Pound Technology
rebel

Pound Technology here to offer an HDMI solution for the Dreamcast!

Post#1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:28 am

Hello all,

My name is Denny and I'm a co-founder at Pound Technology. We manufacture HDMI cables for retro consoles to give them new life. I would like to start by saying that if I'm breaking any rules for this post, I apologize and will totally understand if this is removed.

We're a small two man operation so I'm going to different social media sites to help promote what we do and hopefully help out a few people who's TVs have out grown their favorite gaming systems. We recently released the Pound HD Link Cable for the Dreamcast. You can find plenty of details for it on our website here: https://www.poundtechnology.com/dreamcast/

I'll be here to answer any general questions you guys have about our company or our HDMI cables.

If anyone is interested in purchasing one of our cables they can be found on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BZP7HML

Cheers!

There are also several reviews online here:

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Re: Pound Technology here to offer an HDMI solution for the Dreamcast!

Post#2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:42 am

This looks excellent and at a very realistic price! Im from the UK so will need to wait a while to try it.

Thanks for this!
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Pound Technology
rebel

Post#3 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Yeah, we're still waiting for Amazon to approve it for international shipping. Unfortunately they're terribly opaque about these sort of things and don't even alert us when they ARE approved.

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#4 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Yeah, we're still waiting for Amazon to approve it for international shipping.

Hello,
Can you ship without Amazon? Maybe distribute cables through some online retro shops in US and Europe?
Per example it would be much easier for me to buy it through PayPal.

Pound Technology
rebel

Post#5 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Hey Vasiliy, sorry they're currently providing all of our warehousing and logistics at the moment. We're not set up to have all that stuff ourselves so it's our only option at the moment.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#6 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Would I be able to buy one from you direct? I would paypal you the money and you can ship it to UK.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Pound Technology
rebel

Post#7 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Unfortunately not, I don't have any more samples on hand and our inventory is held at Amazon fulfillment facilities. We think it should release for international shipping soon though, we've already been selling for two weeks so in a few more weeks they should release it.

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Pound Technology wrote:Hello all,

My name is Denny and I'm a co-founder at Pound Technology. We manufacture HDMI cables for retro consoles to give them new life. I would like to start by saying that if I'm breaking any rules for this post, I apologize and will totally understand if this is removed.

We're a small two man operation so I'm going to different social media sites to help promote what we do and hopefully help out a few people who's TVs have out grown their favorite gaming systems. We recently released the Pound HD Link Cable for the Dreamcast. You can find plenty of details for it on our website here: https://www.poundtechnology.com/dreamcast/

I'll be here to answer any general questions you guys have about our company or our HDMI cables.

If anyone is interested in purchasing one of our cables they can be found on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BZP7HML

Cheers!

There are also several reviews online here:

Love that there are more options to bring DC to HD solutions!
You guys should consider manufacturing Dreamcast System Link Cables too :D I think those would sell quite a bit :)

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#9 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Have you thought about a megadrive or saturn HDMI cable. Id buy them too

TuxTheWise
Dreamcast Addicted

Post#10 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Great to see new stuff appearing for Dreamcast! Great work!

Pound Technology wrote:Yeah, we're still waiting for Amazon to approve it for international shipping.

Well, in case anyone is interested to buy it overseas, shipito.com offers a great service, I've been a consumer of them for years.
- Check Dreamcast-Talk Downloads Index and help uploading games too!