NFL 2K SERIES VS NFL QB CLUB SERIES

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

NFL 2K SERIES VS NFL QB CLUB SERIES

Post#1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Hi there ,

I own NFL 2K1 and 2K2

I know everyone rants and raves about NFL 2K SERIES but some kinks I am having with it are.

You can only use custom players and playbooks in season mode and only allowed 11 created guys.

Also to me the gameplay isn't fast enough and i do got game speed on fast.

Is NFL QB CLUB that bad ?

I know you have to press buttons to catch but I am RUN HEAVY OFFENSE type of guy anyway. I also like Running QBs ,

Is their a crazy chance NFL QB CLUB is better for my style of play and game style ?

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: NFL 2K SERIES VS NFL QB CLUB SERIES

Post#2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:39 pm

and oh their is the NCAA College Game , maybe that has the speed I'm looking for ?

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#3 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 am

QB Club is that bad (NCAA is the same as NFL gameplay wise). Try the NFL Blitz games if you wanted faster gameplay.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#4 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Ha Blitz is just like NFL XTREME , I can imagine I can turn off the trash talk and music right? to make it feel more normal ? :)

ALSO , EQ Performance in 2k means the AI is becomes more smarter ?

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#5 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:53 pm

I just read the manual , EQ means both teams are made somewhat even , no wonder why my running game isn't eating up the clock etc.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#6 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Wait , I just turned of INJURIES and FATIGUE.

I like to run with the QB alot ,

if I don't run out of bounds I would always risk getting hurt ,

so with both off I can now stay in bounds and take my time hiking.

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#7 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:13 pm

I'm confused...because you say you want a normal game of football, but want it to be super fast? It's not really a normal game of football then. I always felt for it's time NFL 2K series had a very solid pace that felt pretty real.

The NFL QB Club games on the Saturn were decent enough, but the 2 that saw a release on the Dreamcast are just absolutely pitiful. I'm sure you can either just download them somewhere or find em at a local retro stop or ebay for about a dollar or so.

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#8 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Performance EQ in the NFL 2K games doesn't make the AI better...it levels the playing field so the teams are equal...

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#9 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Wait....

Now I am even more confused...you don't want to play NFL Blitz...but your making NFL 2K2 as Blitz like as possible lol Turning off injuries and fatigue?? Of course your QB can risk getting hurt running every play, just like a real QB would be risking injury scrambling all the time.

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#10 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:18 pm

OfManNotMachine wrote:I'm confused...because you say you want a normal game of football, but want it to be super fast? It's not really a normal game of football then. I always felt for it's time NFL 2K series had a very solid pace that felt pretty real.

The NFL QB Club games on the Saturn were decent enough, but the 2 that saw a release on the Dreamcast are just absolutely pitiful. I'm sure you can either just download them somewhere or find em at a local retro stop or ebay for about a dollar or so.

Just solved my issue.

I just turned off Injuries so this way I can still have my qb run 24/7 without getting killed.

So this way the clock keeps rolling when i stay in bounds,

I forgot this game is before they changed that 1 NFL Rule ,

TODAY only in 4th Qrt clock stops when you run out of bounds .