New Dreamcast Browser

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Strik3r91
letterbomb

Re: New Dreamcast Browser

Post#11 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Sfd movies are being downloaded for so long! But YouTube... Lol
From love, with Russia :)

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#12 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:57 pm

Sonic1994DC wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:
Sonic1994DC wrote:

Well I don’t mean the actual youtube page just a web site with clips from youtube put into the format to run on Dreamcast. I know youtube running on Dreamcast is practily impossible. It would be cool to play web/flash like from newgrounds, miniclip, funbrain.
The page itself is irrelevant -- there's not enough CPU horsepower to decode the videos.

Not even short clips? Does it matter the year the video is from?

The length of the video has nothing to do with it, nor does when the video was made. They're all either VP8 or H.264, neither of which the Dreamcast is going to be able to decode in real-time.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:57 pm

lol...

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#14 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:26 am

easy solution..

convert each video into a series of .gifs !

:lol:

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#15 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:16 am

How about those 144p 3GP videos?

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#16 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:48 am

BlueCrab wrote:
Sonic1994DC wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:The page itself is irrelevant -- there's not enough CPU horsepower to decode the videos.

Not even short clips? Does it matter the year the video is from?

The length of the video has nothing to do with it, nor does when the video was made. They're all either VP8 or H.264, neither of which the Dreamcast is going to be able to decode in real-time.

convert videos to sfd files is what I mean, when I say youtube videos I mean just random video clips not exactly videos from youtube. Sorry for the confusing, like there's video clips of Dreamcast commercials on dreampipe. What if we can just have a website for the Dreamcast were it was full of video clips. That's the point I'm trying to get across

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#17 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:19 am

lol

Roel
Developer

Post#18 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:24 am

Awesome. Making a new DC browser is unfeasible, so let's make it easier by also developing our own YouTube clone.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#19 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:58 am

I'd say our XDP suite of browers is the "new" browser for DC. Anyways, besides uploading high scores, uploading/downloading content for games, and perhaps posting on the forum, what else are you wanting to do with your Dreamcast online?

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#20 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:24 am

What about port the Nintendo DS browser on Dreamcast with few new updates? lol