Been playing some NBA 2K2

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Apex
shadow

Been playing some NBA 2K2

Post#1 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:30 pm

I have a franchise mode save going with the 76ers currently and I am BEYOND ecstatic right now. We just traded 79 OVR SG Chauncey Billups to the Nets for 81 OVR PG Jason Kidd!!!!! First off, just like my 76ers, the Nets are struggling and as a result their star players have taken a hit. On paper, my team should've been a hit. I have a young core of Billups, Gasol and Swift complementing my two star vets. We started off fine going 12-6... and then something happened. We're currently 17-15 at the time of this trade and my two stars have seen a huge decrease in rating, but my younger players have gone up. I think this is the move that's going to send us over the top and propel us up to first in the East. Also, I have discovered something neat that I used to my advantage. Since Iverson's OVR took a major hit, I went to resign him for a max deal that came out to be super cheap. I renegotiated a few deals like that and even signed J Kidd to a max deal once he arrived. Locked all the young guys down too and am comfortably below the cap allowing me to compete at the highest level for the next 4+ seasons.

PG - Billups (75) ---> (79) ---> Kidd (81)
SG - Iverson (97) ---> (85)
SF - Gasol (77) ---> (85)
PF - Swift (78) ---> (88)
C - Mutumbo (89) ---> (85)

hrlmbtz
noob

Re: Been playing some NBA 2K2

Post#2 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:24 pm

lol might fire this one up soon as i get my pi and all that set up maybe we can meet online and run one

TacT
Uber

Post#3 » Mon May 06, 2019 12:59 am

Wow there's a lot more to these sports games than i thought. I usually just get online and run around having a laugh throwing air balls hahaha

it's still thinking.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#4 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:15 pm

I've heard that most of the 2k games, on the dreamcast are cool.
I've never played NBA 2k1 or NBA 2k2, on the dreamcast yet. But I did play NBA 2k2 on the gamecube years ago. It was kinda fun, even though I'm not a huge basketball fan. But still, it was a fun game.