POD Speedzone is cool. (From a first time newbie player)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Re: POD Speedzone is cool. (From a first time newbie player)

Post#11 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:35 pm

ReaderRagfish wrote:For years, I didn't even know there was a Dreamcast sequel. I just thought it had one game on PC and that was it.

Yeah. The same with Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing, on dreamcast. Many people didn't know, it was a semi sequel to Redline Racer on PC. And some didn't know, that both games were related.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#12 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Roareye wrote:Speed Devils Online is the online version, as Speed Devils was released as an offline title first.

According to Dreamcast Junkyard, Speed Devils Online is actually quite a downgrade to Speed Devils! Graphics are toned down, the single player was removed and the unlockables were simply available by default. Once the online side is brought back though, it might redeem itself.

Yeah, I was actually surprised when I learnt that too. I was expecting the online version of the game, to be a super upgrade of the original. It was kind of sad, that the graphics were downgraded though.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#13 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:57 pm

247 wrote:
beanboy wrote:
247 wrote:must admit, this is not the best racer, it's the classic half baked ubisoft game which may seems dull from time to time, but for some reason it's very fun to play it online and i always do that with pleasure...

Yeah, I understand what you mean, by classic half baked Ubisoft game. Ubisoft has always been guilty, of having great game ideas, but falling short of actually pulling them off properly.
But the good thing is, at least this POD game is not so bad. But it could have been better. And the online seems to make up for it in a way. I watched some online vids of this game, from a few youtube channels that have dreamcast content. And it looked really fun to play online.

I've also heard some good things, about a game on the dreamcast, called Speed Devil's. Some dreamcast fans/gamers like it, others say it could have been better. I've never played it yet though. But I'm curious to see how it is.

exactly that but at least i mpst say it's impressive how ubisoft is keen to support new things (in this case the online and the dc)

as for speed devils, never played it and from what i see it seems a very dull game honestly, but for some reason i can't wait to try the online play, equally to pod the online feature seems much more interesting

I agree. And despite their short comings, I myself definitely give props to Ubisoft, for supporting the dreamcast and doing all sorts of cool things, with their games, like the online and stuff. Not many game companies back then, were that dedicated.

Yeah, many gamers have mixed views, on Speed Devils. Some have even said, the game was highly over rated. Lol! But in my opinion, the game looks kinda okay. Not the best, but okay and still worthy to be checked out. But I myself am curious, to see the online in this game too. :)

beanboy
Wazza

Post#14 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:59 pm

I will be checking out POD again soon. I have to try and get accustomed, to the tracks in this game. But first, I have a few games to complete, and some art related stuff to do first.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#15 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:25 pm

The general consensus is that POD has very high production value but is extremely monotonous unless you are racing online against multiple other players. That's why it had a bad wrap until fairly recently when it was brought back online.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#16 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Yeah. True talk dude.
Also, I'm glad that POD game, is back online.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#17 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:40 am

I definitely have to do some training in Pod.
No way I'm going to beat you guys online with my lame skills. Lol! :D

Sega RPG

Post#18 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:30 am

Good, we will battle you fiercely then

beanboy
Wazza

Post#19 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:28 pm

247 wrote:Good, we will battle you fiercely then

When that time comes, I'm toast. :lol:

Sega RPG

Post#20 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:37 am

Oh well so we will eat you like a cornflake...