Star Wars games on the dreamcast (Are they good?)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Star Wars games on the dreamcast (Are they good?)

Post#1 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:21 am

Okay. So I know there are a handful, of Star Wars games on the dreamcast.
And I know about Star Wars Episode 1 Racer, and it's a decent game, even though I kinda agree with the classic game room guys, that this game should have had, way better graphics on the dreamcast. Like literally. :lol:

But what about the other games, such as Star Wars Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles and Star Wars Demolition? I wonder if there is there any other?

PS: As for the name Star Wars Demolition, the name alone is misleading, making it sound like the game, is a construction site wrecking ball game. :lol:

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Star Wars games on the dreamcast (Are they good?)

Post#2 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:22 am

lol still looks like N64

Demolition is sweet especially that coming from the V8 devs my favorite vehicular combat ever

But been long since I've played that.. I think the victory+defeat voice clips do play? But for w/e blasted reason that was forgotten for V82 Dreamcast >.<

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#3 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:46 am

Star wars demolition is terrible. Just awful.

Jedi power battles is cool. Fun to play co op with another player too.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#4 » Wed May 08, 2019 4:35 am

Jedi Power Battles is a fun co-op hack & slash. You can unlock Darth Maul as a playable character, that alone makes it worth it for me LOL
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

beanboy
Wazza

Post#5 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:16 pm

Wow! I'm getting lots of different opinions here. Cool.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:58 pm

If you like Vigilante 8, or Twisted Metal, then you will probably like Star Wars Demolition.

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#7 » Thu May 09, 2019 4:02 am

You would think that. I love the twisted metal games and found star wars demolition to be really bad.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#8 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:36 am

Everyone back in the day seemed to agree that 'Demolition' is not a good game. I remember trying the demo and having a hell of a time controlling the vehicles.

'Episode 1 Racer' is one of the best racing games on the DC. Having owned both the N64 and DC version, there is a step up in graphics on the DC. Also, I think it's based on the original PC release.

'Jedi Power Battles' is good, but it's hard to judge jumps and the hit detection can be spotty at times. One thing that absolutely fails is the audio. It basically loops the 'Star Wars' theme over and over (very quietly) and the sound effects, if they're present at all, are soft and basic.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#9 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:15 pm

Anthony817 wrote:If you like Vigilante 8, or Twisted Metal, then you will probably like Star Wars Demolition.

Strangely, I was never a fan of Twisted Metal. :lol:
I've watched vids of Vigilante 8, but it wasn't my style, probably because it kinda reminded me a bit, of Twisted Metal. The Star Wars Demolition vid was interesting. A Twisted Metal type Star Wars game, in the Star Wars universe? Lol! It's an Interesting idea though. Not my style of game, but after looking at the vid, I might check it out one of these days.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#10 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:14 pm

Just thinking here:
I wish there was a Star Wars light saber game, with an option to play in first person, or third person view, on the dreamcast or other consoles. If there was, that would be cool.