Sega should have made, a Fighters Megamix 2 for the dreamcast.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderator: mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Roadster
Posts: 360

Sega should have made, a Fighters Megamix 2 for the dreamcast.

Post#1 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:56 pm

So a few weeks ago, on the VFDC Virtua Fighter forum, fans including myself, started talking about how sega, should have made a Fighters Megamix sequel. With the power of the dreamcast console back then, it would have been cool to see, Akira fight against Sonic, or Deku, the sombrero wearing cactus man again. :lol:

Heck, throw in again, the Fightings Vipers crew, or even add in the Outtrigger crew, and let them all fight, in 3d brawler style. With some online play, added into it.

Anyone here wish, that sega made a Fighters Megamix 2 game, for the dreamcast?
Me, I wish they did. :)

User avatar
Tarnish
fragger
Posts: 258

Re: Sega should have made, a Fighters Megamix 2 for the dreamcast.

Post#2 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:50 am

I know what character I would have wanted: a Dreamcast kiosk, punching with its controller arms.

beanboy
Roadster
Posts: 360

Re: Sega should have made, a Fighters Megamix 2 for the dreamcast.

Post#3 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:40 pm

Tarnish wrote:I know what character I would have wanted: a Dreamcast kiosk, punching with its controller arms.

I like that one. :lol:

And throw in a VMU man too. When his batteries run out, he is unable to do most of his special moves. :)

Or Rumble man. A rumble pack with attitude. And has earth shaking tremor moves. :lol:

User avatar
dark
Resident Evil
Posts: 1728

Re: Sega should have made, a Fighters Megamix 2 for the dreamcast.

Post#4 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:07 pm

Was just playing Fighters Megamix on saturn today with a friend and he said exactly the same thing "Sega should have made a sequel to this on the DC"

They could have kept the VF versus Fighting Vipers formula for most of the characters, but there were a number of other 3D sega characters that would have been good: characters from Outtrigger, the drivers from 18 Wheeler and/or Crazy Taxi, Shenmue characters, Space Channel 5 and Jet Grind Radio characters, maybe a robot or two from Virtual On, and maybe the evolving character from Rez could be a boss :D

beanboy
Roadster
Posts: 360

Re: Sega should have made, a Fighters Megamix 2 for the dreamcast.

Post#5 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:23 am

dark wrote:Was just playing Fighters Megamix on saturn today with a friend and he said exactly the same thing "Sega should have made a sequel to this on the DC"

Exactly.
Glad to see, I'm not the only one who thinks so. :D


dark wrote:They could have kept the VF versus Fighting Vipers formula for most of the characters, but there were a number of other 3D sega characters that would have been good: characters from Outtrigger, the drivers from 18 Wheeler and/or Crazy Taxi, Shenmue characters, Space Channel 5 and Jet Grind Radio characters, maybe a robot or two from Virtual On, and maybe the evolving character from Rez could be a boss :D

Yeah. The Virtual On and Rez characters, would have fit in perfectly. :D
They could have made, a big impact in that game.

It's such a big missed opportunity for sega, that they didn't make a Fighters Megamix 2, for the dreamcast.
So many character possibilities.

beanboy
Roadster
Posts: 360

Re: Sega should have made, a Fighters Megamix 2 for the dreamcast.

Post#6 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:58 pm

I really hope they make another one, one day. Sega has so many unique characters, to pick and choose from. It would be a shame, if they didn't.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users