Cheat disc that doesn't require boot disc?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SpaghettiCat
rebel

Cheat disc that doesn't require boot disc?

Post#1 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:38 am

I want to try out some of these widescreen hacks I've been seeing.

Anybody know of a cheat disc that:
A) Works with burnt discs
B) Is able to save codes to VMU
C) Doesn't require an extra boot disc

All I want is to pop in the cheat CD, load my widescreen code, then put in my game and play, if that's possible?

I have Dreamshell and one of those SD cards that plugs into the serial port if it matters.

Sega RPG

Re: Cheat disc that doesn't require boot disc?

Post#2 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:09 pm

i do actually think the answer is no, but maybe someone will correct me...

SpaghettiCat
rebel

Post#3 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:06 pm

That's too bad. It's a pain to have to flip 3 discs just to play. Maybe it's easier with the GDEmu?

Sega RPG

Post#4 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:25 pm

don't have a gdemu so i can't tell, but this evening maybe i will try with my gameshark to see what happens.

Lisko
shadow

Post#5 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:24 am

If someone missed it I uploaded a complete cdi of neuroacid's cbloader with integrated codebreaker. Just burn, put the disc in, when asked swap for the game, select cheats and start. No more need to do a three-disc swap. Also saving cheats to vmu works well and if you rebuild the cdi you can even integrate them into the disc to save vmu space. The saves can be generated manually from codebreaker or from pc using xpdccc. I'm slowly compiling all the widescreen codes to be integrated into the image. If someone would help will be appreciated. More info and download: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11987

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:03 am

Lisko wrote:If someone missed it I uploaded a complete cdi of neuroacid's cbloader with integrated codebreaker. Just burn, put the disc in, when asked swap for the game, select cheats and start. No more need to do a three-disc swap. Also saving cheats to vmu works well and if you rebuild the cdi you can even integrate them into the disc to save vmu space. The saves can be generated manually from codebreaker or from pc using xpdccc. I'm slowly compiling all the widescreen codes to be integrated into the image. If someone would help will be appreciated. More info and download: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11987

thanks for your work on this :)