assemblergames is closing, dct will have an even bigger dreamcast community

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Re: assemblergames is closing, dct will have an even bigger dreamcast community

Post#11 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:44 am

I'm not really concerned about the community itself or where the people go when it dies. I'm just concerned about losing it as a resource.

Just yesterday I did a search for information on an obscure functionality of the Sega Genesis, and the only result that answered my question was an old thread on assemblergames.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:50 pm

Exactly. Hopefully more technically inclined people will come here from over there. This is the most lax DC site on the net especially since TIZ is down. The beta and unreleased prototype game archivers should be welcomed here with opened arms.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#13 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:10 pm

Amen
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#14 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:18 pm

As far as i understand and read AG has new members mail activation issues... it says last member has joined Mar 28, 2018 so the site itself looks abandoned for some time. If it goes down then
moving Dreamcast related stuff to this forum is definitely a good choice. We have most of that content allowed to be posted here and we have many game developers and media content creators here so i am pretty sure more members benefit everyone. I guess if we need some reorganization here it could be done no problem.

P.S. of course it is very sad to see this is happening...

Solotaire
shadow

Post#15 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:32 pm

Decided to show up here as a refugee, and it seems like theres a wealth of information here.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#16 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:15 am

Solotaire wrote:Decided to show up here as a refugee, and it seems like theres a wealth of information here.

Wel ome mate, we do our best ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

beanboy
Wazza

Post#17 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Solotaire wrote:Decided to show up here as a refugee, and it seems like theres a wealth of information here.

Welcome! :D

Thmanx
Anarki

Post#18 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:43 pm

Welcome to the DC-Talk family! By far the least toxic DC community out there.

We got everyone from first time DC owners who have no idea what they've gotten into, to others who are fully involved in FPGA HDMI board development and custom re-coding of game code to run again. All are welcome, we share what we know works, what doesn't and always take in new crew.

I've learned so much from being here and its a real place for inspiration. Let alone the online activity through DreamPi where you can get that 1:1 interaction with an icon you see online to a real person farting around in 4x4 or Quake.

Anyone who's looking for a refuge from Assembler come on in!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#19 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:08 am

Welcome! I presume you saw my post advertising this community? This site goes back almost as long as Assembler. I have been here since 2009, will admit I was a way for a year or 2 when my DC died but I came back after I got my GDEMU and my system back up and running. The rules here are more relaxed, so take your coat off and get comfortable.

Glad to see more people joining up here, if you know others who you are close to that might enjoy this place, please spread the word.

dcnigma
lithium

Post#20 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:09 pm

really sucks
Check out my website http://dcnigma.eu5.org just a personal blog/website.
To keep track of my projects, Arcade Cabinets, Dreamcast mods, Raspberry Pi mods, Software, Design,
Homebrew Games, Rom Hacks, 3D prints, Strange things and many more :D :D :D