What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
sunnshine
lithium

Re: What dreamcast games are you currently playing these days?

Post#291 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:02 am

I'm trying Border Down. I didn't like it at first because I didn't understand the way it played but now I'm going back and giving it another go.

sunnshine
lithium

Post#292 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:59 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!! I just can not play Border Down- if it had been on disc I'd have torn it from the machine and thrown it out of the window :lol: It looks lovely but the game's mechanics just ruin it for me so I played a bit of Psyvariar 2 to calm me down :lol:

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#293 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:25 pm

Decided to play some Jet Set Radio and man what a game.
The Music, art style, and just the over the top and stupidity that can happen is great.
And man I never got into hip hop or pop but the music I can’t help but enjoy almost every song.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#294 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:24 am

I recently got 'Jet Grind Radio' again, after (somehow only) realizing it's the only physical version of the first game. That said, it's hard to play the Dreamcast original after having dual analog control with the camera in the re-release. But, the re-release is lacking some of the original's songs. Licensing. Gotta love it.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#295 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:52 pm

Super early gaming yesterday for me with CvS1 and CvS2.

But later, it was Super Puzzle Fighter 2 X tetris time. I played Devilot and Chun Li. I beat Akuma in 45 secs with Chun. I guess he couldn't handle my tetris gem skills. 8-)

beanboy
Wazza

Post#296 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 pm

These days it's CvS1 Millenium Fight 2000, some Soul Calibur, Guilty Gear X and Last Blade 2 fun.

A few days ago, I only had two EX characters to buy, Zangief and Vega. So I bought Zangief and the secret Thailand stage was unlocked in the shop. As I bought Vega right afterwards, Morrigan was unlocked. Now I have to make alot of VS points to buy them and Nakoruru.

Two days ago in Last Blade 2, I accidently picked "Speed" Kaede. The one with the blue costume and white hair. I will admit he is kinda fun, especially when doing all of those crazy long combos that you get in speed mode. That last bosss got his tail whipped too. Lol!

beanboy
Wazza

Post#297 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:53 pm

Le mans 24 hours. 8-)

beanboy
Wazza

Post#298 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:14 pm

On Easter Saturday, it was Soul Calibur, Project Justice and VF3tb. :D
Last edited by beanboy on Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#299 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:26 pm

Playing this 2021 apart of the online games... :

Fist of the north star (I love that game!!!)
MSR
Rush Rush Rally
Power Drift (Yu Suzuki Disc)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Absurd
undertow

Post#300 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:38 pm

Sports Jam