Phantasy Star Online ver.2 help

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
louis012345678
Doom

Phantasy Star Online ver.2 help

Post#1 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:07 pm

PLEASE MOVE IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG CATEGORY (SORRY)

Hi everyone,
I picked up a cheap copy of Phantasy Star Online ver.2 (PAL version) earlier today and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for someone like me who has never played the game before. Unfortunately my Dreamcast isn't connected to the internet and is unlikely to be for the foreseeable future (I start University in September and won't have access to my Dreamcast). This means I'll be playing the game offline for now unless I play online via an emulator (or the PC version).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: Phantasy Star Online ver.2 help

Post#2 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:56 pm

Playing offline is pretty straightforward. Just pick a class and start killing stuff in Forest 1. You can load the quests Battle Training and Magnitude of Metal to get some basic tips on combat and Mags, and having an NPC partner can make getting your first few levels a little easier.
"Fear the HUnewearl."