TEST DRIVE LES MANS

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Re: TEST DRIVE LES MANS

Post#11 » Wed May 06, 2020 3:24 pm

A good while back, I beat Suzuka East and unlocked a car. But some of the other time trail races are kinda tough. Whew! I'm always like a second or two away, from beating the designated time. I think I might have to drive in manual for the others. :lol:

beanboy
Wazza

Post#12 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:42 pm

I was listening to the OST a few weeks ago.
I will admit, some of the soundtracks in this game are really nice. The person who made the club house sounding music tracks, did some really good work. And they really go well, with evening race tracks, like Suzuka East and Catalunya. Big props to that person who composed them.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:00 pm

Is there a way to control the time of day on the tracks that aren't le mans? There have been a few times where i've loaded Suzuka and it was at evening or something, but I never saw any options to set this, so most of the time its in the daytime. Is it based on the DC's internal clock?

beanboy
Wazza

Post#14 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:42 pm

dark wrote:Is there a way to control the time of day on the tracks that aren't le mans? There have been a few times where i've loaded Suzuka and it was at evening or something, but I never saw any options to set this, so most of the time its in the daytime. Is it based on the DC's internal clock?

Hey, good question. I wondered that myself, especially the DC's internal clock thing you mentioned above.

I know if you go into the options menu, and change the weather to varied, the sky will change as you continue racing, and as time passes, it'll sometimes get darker and rain or drizzle. But I never got night time yet, in Suzuka or the other tracks, except for the Le Mans track, in Le Mans races.

Maybe you have to unlock all of the cars, and a day and night option might be unlocked?
Can someone confirm if there is a day night option, for all of the tracks in the game? :)

Forn
noob

Post#15 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:19 am

beanboy wrote:
dark wrote:Is there a way to control the time of day on the tracks that aren't le mans? There have been a few times where i've loaded Suzuka and it was at evening or something, but I never saw any options to set this, so most of the time its in the daytime. Is it based on the DC's internal clock?

Hey, good question. I wondered that myself, especially the DC's internal clock thing you mentioned above.

I know if you go into the options menu, and change the weather to varied, the sky will change as you continue racing, and as time passes, it'll sometimes get darker and rain or drizzle. But I never got night time yet, in Suzuka or the other tracks, except for the Le Mans track, in Le Mans races.

Maybe you have to unlock all of the cars, and a day and night option might be unlocked?
Can someone confirm if there is a day night option, for all of the tracks in the game? :)

Big fan of the game, unlocked everything except the 24 hours le mans race which I am working on at the moment.

Haven't seen that option yet so I am not sure but there are two tracks that are always night time if you drive on them: Suzuka West and Catalunya National. They are not really night time either but more like evening with the sun going down. Haven't witnessed anything else in night yet.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#16 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:33 pm

I'm going to do the time trial races soon.
I already beat suzuka east. Now, I'm going to try and beat the rest of them.
Also, I want to unlock that yellow Koti car, from Team Marcos. 8-)

beanboy
Wazza

Post#17 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:29 pm

I'm going to try and unlock some more cars this week. It's long overdue.
I had alot of fun, doing rain races late last night, in Catalunya and the tough Suzuka West track. Lots of Sprite, 7up, and cold coconut water, jetting out of the cars. Swoooossh! 8-)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:43 pm

must be the best use we ever did see of the dreamcasts powerful 3d hardware effects lighting and shadows still amazing when you know how hard it is to get this type of game running on this hardware..

beanboy
Wazza

Post#19 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:04 pm

Yeah. True. That game being on dreamcast, is quite a big technical marvel and achievement.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#20 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:35 pm

These time trails are tough. I'm getting close to beating them, but I'm like always a second to late, from beating the fixed stage time to beat. :)